- 6.8%: Total health insurance benefit cost increase for active employees. Employers expect an increase of 5.1% for 2008.
- 51%: Percentage of employees surveyed who were enrolled in PPOs; 30% were enrolled in HMOs and 8% in POS plans.
- 11%: Average increase of in-network deductibles for PPOs.
- $295,000: Amount a couple age 65 today, living to average life expectancy, could need to cover premiums for health insurance coverage and out-of-pocket expenses during retirement. A couple that lives to age 95 could need as much as $550,000. *
- 51%: Percentage of expenses associated with health care services covered by Medicare for non-institutionalized beneficiaries.*
Source: Mercer Human Resource Consulting