New York Life Insurance Company has given new titles and responsibilities to several high-level executives.
New York Life, New York, has named Sheila Kearney Davidson, an executive vice president at the company, to be chief legal officer and general counsel.
Davidson has a bachelor’s degree from Fairfield University and a law degree from George Washington University.
New York Life also has designated Thomas English, a senior vice president at the company, chief insurance counsel.
“As chief insurance counsel, Mr. English will be the company’s senior representative in various industry efforts and groups requiring thought leadership on regulatory issues,” New York Life says.
New York Life has named a third executive, Frank Boccio, to be chief administrative officer for the entire company.
Boccio became chief administrative officer for life and annuity in 2002.
In other personnel news:
- Minnesota Mutual Insurance Companies Inc., St. Paul, Minn., has hired Suzanne Chochrek to be vice president for business and market development at its Securian Financial Services Inc. broker-dealer unit.
Chochrek previously was director of client segment strategies at RBC Dain Rauscher Inc., Minneapolis.
Chochrek has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Nebraska and a master’s degree from St. Louis University.
- Pacific Life Insurance Company, Newport Beach, Calif., has hired Andrew Oleksiw to be as senior vice president of business development.
Oleksiw previously was head of Asia Pacific operations for MetLife Inc., New York.
Oleksiw has a bachelor’s degree from Georgetown University and a master’s degree in international affairs from Columbia University.
- Sun Life Financial Inc., Toronto, has named Jed Collins to be president of Sun Life Retirement Services (U.S.) Inc., Boston.
Collins has been the unit’s chief business officer.
Collins succeeds Claude Accum, who is taking another job at Sun Life Financial.
- The retirement services division at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Rolf Mogstad to be relationship manager for Taft-Hartley retirement plan services.
Mogstad previously was a senior relationship manager at New York Life Investment Management L.L.C., Parsippany, N.Y., a unit of New York Life Insurance Company.
MassMutual also has named Karl Miller, who has been a national accounts transitional manager at MassMutual, to be a Taft-Hartley retirement plan relationship manager.
- The Phoenix Companies Inc., Hartford, has hired Ronald Aldridge to be vice president of investor relations.
Aldridge, previously was senior director of investor relations at Pfizer Inc., New York.
Aldridge has a bachelor’s degree in English from Yale University, a master’s degree in English from the University of Michigan, and a master’s degree in accounting from New York University.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has hired Mary Ellen Pernice to be a regional annuity specialist for the Mid-Atlantic region, which includes Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Pernice previously worked as a wholesaler for Transamerica Capital Inc., a U.S. unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands.
Pernice has a bachelor’s degree in political science from Rosemont College.