AXA Distributors L.L.C. has hired Mitch Waters to be national sales manager for the AXA Advisors retail distribution channel.
Waters previously was national sales manager at Curian Capital, Denver, a registered investment advisor subsidiary of Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., which in turn is a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London.
At AXA Advisors, a unit of AXA S.A., Paris, Waters will be in charge of wholesale distribution, sales and business development for AXA Equitable variable annuity products.
Waters has a bachelor’s degree from the College of Wooster.
In other personnel news:
- The board of First Command Financial Services Inc., Fort Worth, Texas, has hired Scott Spiker to be the chief executive officer of the company.
Spiker succeeds Lamar Smith, who stepped down as CEO in April and now is chairman emeritus.
Spiker previously was president of Destiny Health, Chicago., a unit of Discovery Holdings Ltd., Sandton, South Africa.
Spiker has a bachelor’s degree from the U.S. Naval Academy and a master’s degree in business from the University of Chicago.
- LIMRA International, Windsor, Conn., has picked Jim Kerley to succeed Frank Santa-Donato as president of the LIMRA Services Inc. commercial services unit.
Santa-Donato has retired.
- The board of the Council for Affordable Quality Health Care, Washington, has picked Ronald Williams, chairman of Aetna Inc., Hartford, to succeed Robert Greczyn Jr., president of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C., as chairman of CAQH.
Greczyn will now serve as the immediate past chairman of CAQH.
- ARAG Allgemeine Rechtsschutz-Versicherungs-AG, Dusseldorf, has hired Cameron Sutton to be president of ARAG North America Inc., Des Moines.
ARAG is a legal insurance company.
Sutton previously was an executive vice president in the executive benefits practice at Aon Corp., Chicago.
Sutton has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Nebraska-Kearney and a law degree from the University of Nebraska. He holds the Certified Life Underwriter professional designation and is a former trustee of the National Association of Life Underwriters, Falls Church, Va.
- Baltimore Life Insurance Company, Owings Mills, Md., has hired Phil Plunkett to be manager of recruiting and selection for the company’s career sales division.
- R.E. Moulton Inc., Marblehead, Mass., a medical stop-loss subsidiary of OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc., Indianapolis, has hired Shawn Lanter and Marty Byrnes to be sales representatives.
Lanter, who will work with producers in Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska, has a bachelor’s degree from Kansas State University.
Byrnes, who will work with producers in Colorado, Idaho, Utah and Wyoming, has a bachelor’s degree from Drake University. Byrnes has been a paratrooper with the U.S. Army’s 82nd Airborne Division.
- MajescoMastek Software Inc., Edison, N.J., a unit of Mastek Ltd., Mumbai, India, has hired Mitesh Desai to be a senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
Desai previously was senior vice president of channels and business development at MetaSolv Software Inc., San Francisco, a telecommunications software company.
Desai has a bachelor’s degree in computer and systems engineering and a master’s degree in business from Duke University.