Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company has named Gary Poliner to be its new chief investment officer.
Poliner has been the chief financial officer at Northwestern Mutual, Milwaukee, and will continue to hold that title.
Mason Ross, the current chief investment officer, will retire from the post April 30. He has been working for Northwestern Mutual for 35 years.
In other personnel news:
- Aviva P.L.C., London, has named Tom Godlasky to be chief executive of Aviva North America. Godlasky is now chief executive of Aviva USA.
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has hired Edward Bonach to be its executive vice president and chief financial officer. He will succeed Eugene Bullis, who is retiring.
Bonach previously was the CFO at National Life Group, Montpelier, Vt.
- UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn., has hired Thomas Strickland to be chief legal officer and an executive vice president.
Strickland has been managing partner of the Colorado offices of Hogan and Hartson L.L.P., Washington, where he served as outside legal counsel for UnitedHealth.
- BlueCrossBlueShield of South Carolina, Columbia, S.C., has named David Pankau to be president of its BlueCross BlueShield division.
Pankau previously ran the company’s major group department.
Pankau succeeds Thomas Faulds, who is retiring after 35 years South Carolina Blue.
- Aon Consulting, the human resources consulting unit of Aon Corp., Chicago, has named Susan Alford, an executive vice president, national defined-contribution practice leader.