Transamerica Insurance & Investment Group has promoted Marty Flewellen to chief sales officer.
Transamerica Insurance is a unit of Transamerica Occidental Life Insurance Company, Los Angeles, which, in turn, is an arm of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands.
Flewellen previously was a senior vice president in charge of national account sales.
In other personnel news:
- Assurant Health, Milwaukee, a unit of Assurant Inc., New York, has promoted Laura Hohing to chief sales officer.
Hohing previously was a senior vice president for sales at Assurant Health.
Hohing has a bachelor’s degree, and she holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation.
- Phoenix Companies Inc., Hartford, has hired Paul Cahill to be associate national sales director for the company’s Phoenix Investment Partners Ltd. asset management unit.
Cahill previously was a vice president and external wholesaler in the Stamford, Conn., office of Allianz Global Investors, which is part of Allianz A.G., Munich.
Cahill has a bachelor’s degree from Southern Connecticut State University.
- The insurance arm of Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has named Brian Bly, Scott Muller and Jim Neumann regional vice presidents for worksite sales, and it has named Chad Bozell and Scott Woolley regional sales managers for worksite sales.
Bly, who will handle the Western region, and Neumann, who will handle the Midwest region, previously worked at American Fidelity Assurance Company, Oklahoma City, Okla.
Muller, who will be in charge of the Southeast region, has worked at the Colonial Supplement arm of Unum, Chattanooga, Tenn.
Bozell, who will handle sales in Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and Pennsylvania, has been a national recruiting manager for Conseco’s health product line.
Woolley, the manager of worksite sales in Texas and Louisiana, has been an exclusive financial specialist at Allstate Financial, an arm of Allstate Corp., Northbrook, Ill.
- Humana Inc., Louisville, Ky., has hired Michael Fedyna to succeed John Bertko as the company’s chief actuary.
Bertko, who is leaving to teach at a university, will stay with Humana till the company completes the 2008 Medicare bidding process in early June, Humana says.
Fedyna previously was chief actuary for the New York-based East Region of WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis. He was chief actuary for WellChoice Inc., New York, the former parent company of Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield, before WellPoint acquired it.
- M Financial Group, Portland, Ore., has promoted Carrie Fleisher to chief compliance officer at its M Holdings Securities Inc. broker-dealer unit, and it has promoted Ben Bramer to chief compliance officer at M Securities and M Financial’s wealth management division.
Fleisher previously was M Securities’ operations director.
Bramer previously was a compliance officer at M Securities. He also has worked as a compliance examiner and securities fraud investigator with the National Association of Securities Dealers, Washington.
- Blue Shield of California, San Francisco, has hired Brent Hitchings to be vice president of producer sales.
Hitchings, who will be responsible mainly for sales to individuals, families and small groups, previously was director of sales for individual, small group, senior and ancillary products at UNICARE, a unit of WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis.
Hitchings has a bachelor’s degree from Illinois State University.
- American Specialty Health Inc., San Diego, has hired Dennis Beal to be chief financial officer.
Beal succeeds interim CFO William Kuehn.
Beal previously was CFO of Corinthian Colleges Inc., Santa Ana, Calif., a company that operates 120 for-profit colleges in the United States and Canada.
Beal has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Utah and a master’s degree in business from Westminster College. He holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation.
- Hawthorne Benefit Technologies Inc., San Diego, a company that does business as BeneTrac, has hired Christopher Taylor to be regional sales director for Georgia.
Taylor, who will be based in Atlanta, has a bachelor’s degree from Colgate University.