Haier New York Life Insurance Company Ltd. has hired Xiaoxia Zhao to be president and chief executive officer.
Haier New York Life, Shanghai, is a joint venture of New York Life Insurance Company, New York, and the Haier Group, Qingdao.
Zhao previously was executive vice president at AXA-Minmetals Assurance Company Ltd., Shanghai, where he was responsible for establishing alternative distribution capabilities, driving agency growth and performance in the Shanghai branch and East Region, and gaining regulatory approval for the group insurance business.
Zhao has a law degree from Beijing University. He is a director of the China Insurance Association and the China Insurance Institution.
In other personnel news:
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford, has promoted David Levenson to be chief operating officer of Hartford Life Insurance K.K., Tokyo, and Lyndon Oliver to chief product and competitive intelligence officer at the Japanese unit.
Levenson previously was chief product and distribution officer at the Japanese unit, which manages $30 billion of Japan’s $108 billion in variable annuity assets.
Oliver has been a senior vice president in the Hartford international wealth management operations in Simsbury, Conn.
- Assurant Inc., New York, has promoted Robert Lewis to be senior vice president and chief information officer, corporate technology group.
Lewis previously was chief information officer for Assurant Specialty Property.
Lewis has a bachelor’s degree from Western Carolina University.
- Lincoln National Corp., Philadelphia, has announced 3 executive changes at its new retirement income security ventures group and 2 changes at its financial planner/advisor recruiting operations.
The company has promoted Duane Bernt to head of research and development at the retirement income security operation, from corporate treasurer at the parent company.
The company has promoted Tom Faenza to head of retirement income security project management and strategy, from associate vice president of retirement income strategy, and it has hired Kevin O’Fee to be head of retirement income security service strategy, product and service experience.
O’Fee previously was a managing director at the New York Life Investment Management retirement strategies group, a unit of New York Life Insurance Company.
Meanwhile, Lincoln National’s retail distribution division has hired Dee Morgan to manage recruitment of experienced financial services representatives in the Midwest, and the division has hired David Taksen to manage recruitment of experienced financial services reps in the Northeast.
Morgan previously was a vice president in the wealth management group at Compass Bancshares Inc., Birmingham, Ala.
Taksen previously was regional director of branch office development at Securities America Inc., Omaha.
- Symetra Life Insurance Company, Bellevue, Wash., has promoted Tommie Brooks to vice president and chief actuary.
Brooks succeeds Margaret Meister, Symetra’s chief financial officer.
Brooks previously was managing actuary for Symetra’s life insurance subsidiaries.
Brooks has a bachelor’s degree from Central Washington University. He is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries.
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has hired Justin Jones to be a regional annuity specialist for the Penn Mutual territory that includes Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee, and it has hired Ken Junge to be a regional annuity specialist for the New York City area.
Jones previously was a regional vice president at Transamerica Capital Inc., Denver.
Jones has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Hampden-Sydney College.
Junge also was a regional vice president at Transamerica Capital. He has a bachelor’s degree the State University of New York at Plattsburgh.
- OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc., Indianapolis, has hired Jeffrey Smith to be vice president of national distribution for individual operations at the company’s American United Life Insurance Company unit, and it has hired Kim Zielinski as a regional sales representative for New England for its REM medical stop-loss unit.
Smith previously was a general agent at Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York.
Zielinski was national sales director for First Health, a unit of Coventry Health Care Inc., Bethesda, Md.
- Pacific Life Insurance Company, Newport Beach, has promoted a number of employees to assistant vice president.
The new assistant vice presidents are Gordon Delianedis, Hany Gobreial, Frank Goetz, Kenneth Jack, Hyung Kim, Matthew Levene, Jose Miscolta, Douglas Robbins, Jill Thomas, Naomi Wheeler and Andrew Zembles.
- Guggenheim Partners Asset Management Inc., Santa Monica, Calif., and Guggenheim Partners L.L.C., Santa Monica, have hired Anne Bookwalter Walsh to be managing director.
Bookwalter Walsh previously was chief investment officer at Reinsurance Group of America Inc., St. Louis.
Bookwalter Walsh has a bachelor’s degree in business and a master’s degree in business from Auburn University. She has a law degree from the University of Miami.
Bookwalter Walsh holds the Chartered Financial Analyst professional designation and is a fellow of the Life Management Institute.
- Signature Resources Insurance and Financial Services Inc., Irvine, Calif., says Gary Kaltenbach, who has been managing partner of the firm for 24 years, is promoting himself to chairman and having his sons, Greg and Geoff Kaltenbach, take over as co-managing directors of the firm.
Signature Resources is a large independent firm in the John Hancock Financial Network.
Gary Kaltenbach says he will be working to implement a registered investment advisor platform and build alliances with other types of professional advisors, such as lawyers and accountants.
- Murray Risk Management and Insurance, Lancaster, Pa., has hired Jeffery Gelburd to be vice president.
Gelburd will work with employee-owned companies and large accounts.
Gelburd previously was a national business development coordinator at Marsh USA, a unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc., New York.
Gelburd has a bachelor’s degree from York College in Pennsylvania.