Lincoln National Corp. is continuing to expand the external and internal wholesaling teams for its defined contribution retirement plan products.
Lincoln, Philadelphia, already has hired 19 wholesalers in the past few months, and it hopes to have 46 external wholesalers and 23 internal wholesalers by 2008, the company says.
The new wholesalers for the wirehouse, regional and bank channels are William Blackall, Adam Blitz, Thomas Brennan, Michael Buckner, Keith Cattaneo, Michelle Denton, Thomas Durkin, Thomas Geiger, Lynn Lambert, Joseph Peppe, Samuel Ronlund, Brad Simek and Kyle Stevens.
The new wholesalers for the independent planner and third-party administrator channels are Jason Bouldin, Michael Lanio, Richard Lynch, Jeff Pratt, Michael Silk and Richard Zdanowski.
In other personnel news:
- Creative Marketing International Corp., Overland Park, Kan., has picked Michael Tripses to be acting president.
Tripses has been chief actuary and executive vice president at the annuity and life marketing operation.
Tripses succeeds Ronald Essary, who founded Creative Marketing in 1984 and resigned earlier this year.
- Towers Perrin Inc., Stamford, Conn., has hired Maureen Breakiron-Evans to be chief financial officer.
Breakiron-Evans previously was the general auditor at CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia.
She has a bachelor’s degree from Stetson University, a master’s degree in business from Harvard University and a master’s degree in liberal arts from Stanford University. She also holds the certified public accountant professional designation.
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Minneapolis, has promoted David Sipprell to senior vice president of marketing at its new Allianz Income Management Services unit.
The unit will sell retirement income services and products.
Sipprell has been president of the fixed and indexed annuities operation at Allianz Life.
Sipprell has a bachelor’s degree in finance from St. Cloud State University.
- Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company, Omaha, Neb., has hired Jeffrey Schmid to be president of Omaha Financial Holdings Inc., a new unit that will try to set up a bank for Mutual of Omaha.
Schmid previously was president of American National Bank, a unit of American National Corp., Omaha.
Schmid worked for 8 years as a regional bank examiner at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. office in Kansas City, Mo.
Schmid has a bachelor’s degree in business from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
Schmid is chairman of the Children’s Scholarship Fund of Omaha and vice chairman of the Creighton University Medical Center.
- Fort Dearborn Life Insurance Company, a unit of Health Care Service Corp., Chicago, has hired Noah Robinson to be director of group administration technical.
Robinson previously worked for a unit of CNA Financial Corp., Chicago.
Robinson has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Pennsylvania and a master’s degree in management from Northwestern University.
-Securian Financial Group Inc., a unit of Minnesota Mutual Companies Inc., St. Paul, Minn., has promoted Tim White to manager of field retention and value analysis at its Securian Advisor Services unit.
White previously was manager of advanced marketing support.
White has a bachelor’s degree from St. John’s University in Collegeville, Minn.