The Nebraska Department of Insurance has promoted James Nixon to chief financial examiner.
Nixon has been the department’s acting chief financial examiner for 6 months. He became deputy chief examiner in 2002.
In other personnel news:
- Aflac Inc., Columbus, Ga., has hired Tohru Tonoike to be deputy president of Aflac Japan.
Tonoike previously was president of an asset management unit at Dai-ichi Kangyo Bank Ltd., Tokyo. He has served on the Aflac board since November 2004.
- Lincoln National Corp., Philadelphia, has promoted Priscilla Brown to chief brand officer.
Brown previously was an executive in the company’s corporate and public affairs operation.
- CIGNA HealthCare, Bloomfield, Conn., a unit of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, has hired Eric Elliott to be president of its pharmacy management operations and promoted Susan Knapp Pinnas to be president of its operations in the South Florida/Caribbean market.
Elliott previously was a senior executive at Aetna Inc., Hartford.
Pinnas had been leading network management operations at the company’s Florida/Caribbean and Georgia/Alabama units.
- Aetna Inc., Hartford, has hired Robert Mead to succeed Roger Bolton as senior vice president of communications and strategic marketing.
Mead previously was a consultant at Brunswick Group L.L.P., New York.
- The Ohlson Group Inc., Indianapolis, has hired Paul Lee to be director of life sales.
Lee has a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Indiana University, where he played college basketball. He holds the Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor professional designation.
- Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., has promoted Brian Lane to vice president in charge of the regional broker-dealer channel sales desk at its Denver-based Jackson National Life Distributors unit.
Lane previously was vice president of the unit’s institutional marketing group sales desk in early 2006, and he will continue to hold that title.
Lane spent 5 years as a chemical and finance officer for the United States Army. He helped develop a stored value card system for the U.S. Treasury in the Balkans.
Lane has a master’s degree in international business and strategic management from the U.S. International University in San Diego.
- Allied Solutions, a unit of Minnesota Mutual Insurance Company, St. Paul, Minn., has named Peter Krall to be a vice president in the unit’s enterprise bank group.
Krall has a bachelor’s degree from Winona State University.