Kaiser Permanente has hired Andrew McCulloch to be president of its Northwest region.
McCulloch previously was president of Community Mercy Health Partners, Springfield, Ohio, according to Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif.
McCulloch also has been chief operating officer of Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
He has a bachelor’s degree from Wesleyan University in Connecticut and a master’s degree in hospital and health care administration from the University of Minnesota.
In other personnel news:
- CIGNA HealthCare, Bloomfield, Conn., a unit of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, has hired Charles Pitts to be general manager of CIGNA HealthCare’s operations in North Carolina and South Carolina.
Pitts, who will be based in Charlotte, N.C., previously was president of Carolinas operations for the managed care arm of UnitedHealth Group Inc., Minnetonka, Minn.
Pitts has a bachelor’s degree from Washington and Lee University in Virginia and a master’s degree in business administration from the University of Alabama.
- Erie Indemnity Company, Erie, Pa., says Kevin Marti will succeed John Brinling Jr. as executive vice president of its Erie Family Life Insurance Company unit at the end of the year, when Brinling retires.
Brinling has worked for Erie since 1968 and had his current position since 1990.
Marti is now a senior vice president at Erie Family Life.
- BISYS Group Inc., Roseland, N.J., has promoted Michael Evans to president of a research unit, Financial Research Corp., Boston.
Evans previously was FRC’s research director.
Evans succeeds Mark Phillips, a BISYS executive who has been interim president of FRC since June.
Evans has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has promoted employees to vice president.
The employees are Michael Dubrow, in the risk management office; Leslie Griffin, in the governmental affairs office; Thomas Hegna, in the individual annuity department; and Richard Witterschein, in the treasury department.
- Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa, has hired 2 regional field recruiters.
Natalie Hundhausen will be a field recruiter in Miramar, Fla., and Angela Charlson will be a field recruiter in Overland Park, Kan.
- Resource Brokerage L.L.C., Schaumburg, Ill., has hired Christina Thompson to be brokerage case manager for the company’s life, annuity, disability and long term care division.
- The group insurance arm of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, has hired Tom Mole to be vice president for national account sales
Mole previously was the Great Lakes region employee benefits market leader at a unit of MetLife Inc., New York.
Mole has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Pennsylvania State University and is president of the board of the Children’s Museum of Pittsburgh.