Assurant Health has promoted Mike Norderhaug to vice president of sales strategy.
Norderhaug previously was a regional vice president at the company, according to Assurant Health, Milwaukee, a unit of Assurant Inc., New York.
Norderhaug holds the Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations.
In other personnel news:
- The Jacobson Group, Chicago, has picked Daniel Gattis to be senior vice president of executive search.
Gattis was the executive vice president in charge of the institutional products group at ARM Financial Group Inc., Louisville, Ky. He also has been an insurance consultant at KPMG.
Gattis has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- ChoicePoint Inc., Alpharetta, Ga., has promoted Bill Madison to succeed Richard Collier as senior vice president and general manager of insurance data services.
Collier has retired.
Madison previously was vice president of sales for ChoicePoint insurance data services.
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford, has promoted Andrew Rubino to vice president of the program management office in its group benefits division.
Rubino previously was an assistant vice president in the division’s profit management and underwriting operations.
Rubino has a bachelor’s degree in accounting from Villanova University.
- InsMed Insurance Agency Inc., Scarsdale, N.Y., has hired Christopher Peterson to be an institutional sales representative.
Peterson previously was director of the disability income masters program and Aon home office relationship manager at Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass.
Peterson has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Maine.
- The CIGNA International arm of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia, has hired Danielle Rizk to lead the medical team and set the direction of health services and wellness programs for expatriates.
Rizk previously was vice president of international services at Methodist Health Care System in Houston and director of planning and marketing at Rizk Hospital, her family’s hospital in Beirut.
Rizk has a master’s degree in business administration in international management and marketing from Rice University.
- Trizetto Group Inc., Newport Beach, Calif., has hired Gene Drabinski to be president of its cost and quality of care business unit.
Drabinski previously was president and chief operating officer of Healthwise Inc., Boise, Idaho, a consumer health content company.
Drabinski has a bachelor’s degree from California State University in Los Angeles and nursing training from Boise State University. He is a registered nurse.