1. Partner with your B-D. We are here to help you make a good sale to serve the right client in the right way. Our success depends on your success and we live that every day.
2. Be proactive and call before issues surface. Having a conversation with the B-D before you talk with your client (and I don’t mean 30 minutes before) can save a lot of time and effort.
3. Outsource to your B-D. The staff is here to lighten your load. Prepare for client meetings by calling us with questions about compliance, products and suitability.
4. Find a champion. There are so many different kinds of experts in your B-D that it helps to develop a relationship with someone who will take it upon themselves to ensure that you are taking full advantage of all the resources that are available to you.
What Your Peers Are Reading
5. Avoid promising anything to a client before you are absolutely certain it can be done–from the time it takes for money to transfer, to whether a certain security can be held with us, to giving a seminar. We don’t want to put you in the position of having to modify a promise to your client.