Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America has hired Robert DeChellis to be senior vice president of distribution and strategic accounts.
DeChellis will lead the strategic account management area at Allianz Life, Minneapolis, a unit of Allianz A.G., Munich.
DeChellis previously was executive vice president and head of distribution at the Travelers Life & Annuity unit at MetLife Inc., New York.
In other personnel news:
- Old Mutual Financial Network, Baltimore, a unit of Old Mutual P.L.C., London, has hired Richard Brown to be regional vice president of annuity distribution.
Richard previously was a regional sales director at a unit of Sun Life Financial Inc., Toronto.
- Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London, has promoted Dan Taylor to vice president of platform sales for the company’s institutional marketing group. The unit distributes fixed, equity indexed and immediate annuities.
Taylor previously was Jackson National’s wholesaler for Ohio and Wisconsin.
- The group benefits division at Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford, has hired Rick Guerrini to be vice president and director of distribution development.
Guerrini previously was vice president of marketing management at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, a unit of WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis.
Guerrini has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Central Connecticut State University.
- Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa, is giving Deanna Strable responsibility for the company’s individual life insurance business.
Strable, a senior vice president, has been managing and will continue to manage the company’s specialty benefits division, Principal says.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has promoted John Cassagne to senior vice president in charge of the group membership association division and has hired Daniel O’Brien to be vice president of group membership.
Cassagne previously was head of sales for group membership. He joined New York Life in 1977 as an account correspondent in the Group Insurance Department.
Cassagne has a bachelor’s degree in management from Hofstra University.
O’Brien has a bachelor’s degree from Hofstra and holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation.
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has hired Brian Wegner to be vice president of managed care operations.
Wegner will manage Conseco’s Ft. Lauderdale case management office, which supports a closed block of long term care insurance business.
Wegner previously was a consultant at Business Strategy Group Consulting.
Wegner has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Wisconsin. He holds the Fellow of the Life Management Institute and the Health Insurance Associate professional designations.
- Destiny Health, Chicago, a unit of Discovery Holdings Ltd., Sandton, South Africa, has hired Mike Plazony to be vice president of individual products and Matt Ungs to be vice president of network development.
- Units of Minnesota Mutual Insurance Company, St. Paul, Minn., have announced 2 high-level personnel changes.
Securian Trust Company has hired Jason Schuller to be wealth management counsel. He will help Securian financial advisors with trust-related matters, such as case design.
Schuller previously was assistant vice president and trust counsel at Union Bank and Trust Company, Minneapolis.
Schuller has a bachelor’s degree from the University of St. Thomas and a law degree from Hamline University.
Minnesota Life Group Insurance has promoted Jennifer Knoebel to manager of group insurance customer service, from supervisor of variable group universal life and group universal life administration.
Knoebel has a bachelor’s degree from Wartburg College.
- Baltimore Life Insurance Company, Owings Mills, Md., has hired Mark Brandt, to be assistant vice president and director of market research and development.
Brandt holds several professional designations, including the Chartered Life Underwriter, Chartered Financial Consultant and Registered Health Underwriter designations.
- Mutual of America Life Insurance Company, New York, has promoted Joan Squires to chief information officer, from executive vice president; Dennis Routledge to senior vice president in the technology office, from vice president of local area networking and telecommunications; and Peter Nicklin to senior vice president for special projects in the technology office, from senior vice president for MIS business applications.
- John B. Collins Associates Inc., Minneapolis, a reinsurance broker, has hired Cathyrn Sussman to be a vice president.
Sussman will serve medical plans, health maintenance organizations, and life and health insurance companies.
Sussman previously as a vice president of sales at Allianz Life.
- Liberty Benefit Insurance Services, San Jose, Calif., has hired Judy Richardson to run a new executive recruitment services unit.
Richardson previously was the director of member services for California Association of Employers, Sacramento, Calif. She holds the Professional in Human Resources professional designation.