Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America has hired Robert DeChellis to be senior vice president of distribution and strategic accounts.
DeChellis will lead the strategic account management area at Allianz Life, Minneapolis, a unit of Allianz A.G., Munich.
DeChellis previously was executive vice president and head of distribution at the Travelers Life & Annuity unit at MetLife Inc., New York.
In other personnel news:
- Old Mutual Financial Network, Baltimore, a unit of Old Mutual P.L.C., London, has hired Richard Brown to be regional vice president of annuity distribution.
Richard previously was a regional sales director at a unit of Sun Life Financial Inc., Toronto.
- Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London, has promoted Dan Taylor to vice president of platform sales for the company’s institutional marketing group. The unit distributes fixed, equity indexed and immediate annuities.
Taylor previously was Jackson National’s wholesaler for Ohio and Wisconsin.
- The group benefits division at Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford, has hired Rick Guerrini to be vice president and director of distribution development.
Guerrini previously was vice president of marketing management at Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, a unit of WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis.
Guerrini has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from Central Connecticut State University.
- Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa, is giving Deanna Strable responsibility for the company’s individual life insurance business.
Strable, a senior vice president, has been managing and will continue to manage the company’s specialty benefits division, Principal says.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has promoted John Cassagne to senior vice president in charge of the group membership association division and has hired Daniel O’Brien to be vice president of group membership.
Cassagne previously was head of sales for group membership. He joined New York Life in 1977 as an account correspondent in the Group Insurance Department.
Cassagne has a bachelor’s degree in management from Hofstra University.
O’Brien has a bachelor’s degree from Hofstra and holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation.
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has hired Brian Wegner to be vice president of managed care operations.