The Ohio Department of Insurance has promoted Peg Ising to deputy director.
Ising previously was assistant director of life and health. As deputy director, she will oversee the Ohio insurance department’s administrative functions.
- Securian Financial Group Inc., St. Paul., Minn., has hired John Gibbons to be a national sales consultant for the financial institution market.
Gibbons previously was an account executive at Lending Solutions Inc., Elgin, Ill. He has a bachelor’s degree from Wartburg College, Waverly, Iowa.
- New York Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Julius Alberico to be first vice president in charge of life and annuity marketing in the company’s agency department.
New York Life also has hired Michael Lackey to be a vice president in the agency department.
- The Principal Financial Group has hired Kurt Shallow to be vice president of independent distribution.
Shallow previously was vice president of managing general agency relationships at Lincoln Financial Distributors, a unit of Lincoln National Corp., Philadelphia.
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of New York has hired Greg Morabito and Seymour Schreiber to be vice presidents of sales.
Morabito previously worked for New York Life Insurance Company, New York.
Schreiber was a field manager at Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York.
Morabito and Schreiber will be responsible for recruiting producer groups, broker-dealers, wirehouses and banks to serve as distributors.
Allianz Life also has hired Gary Olivero to be a regional vice president for the Northeast region for its USAllianz Securities broker-dealer subsidiary.
- Baltimore Life Insurance Company, Owings Mills, Md., has promoted Dave Krupa to director of agency development for the company’s Team Advantage sales division.
Krupa will oversee Baltimore Life agents and managers working in offices in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
Krupa holds the Chartered Life Underwriter and Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow professional designations.
- CIGNA HealthCare has promoted Patrick Boughey to be general manager of its operations in Illinois, Indiana, Minnesota and Wisconsin. He will be based in Chicago.
Boughey previously was a senior sales leader at CIGNA HealthCare, a unit of CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia.
Boughey has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Illinois.
CIGNA HealthCare also has promoted Michael Muchnicki to regional vice president for the Southeast region.
Muchnicki has been general manager for CIGNA HealthCare in Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North and South Dakota and Iowa.
Muchnicki has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Kentucky. He will be based in CIGNA’s offices in Fort Lauderdale and Atlanta.
- Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind., has hired Thomas Fineis to be senior vice president, health valuation actuary.
Fineis previously was a principal at Ernst & Young L.L.P.
Fineis has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Illinois Benedictine College. He holds the Fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Fellow of the Life Management Institute professional designations.
- Woodruff-Sawyer & Company, San Francisco, has hired Suzanne Haslam to be a vice president in its employee benefits practice and Christopher Reeder to be an assistant vice president in the practice.