Fort Dearborn Life Insurance Company has hired Paul Gauthier to be chief financial officer.
Gauthier previously was chief financial officer for the group insurance business at Guardian Life Insurance Company of America, New York, according to Fort Dearborn, which is a unit of Health Care Service Corp., Chicago.
In other personnel news:
- Old Mutual Financial Network, Atlanta, has hired Stephen Sternberger to be vice president for advanced sales and tax compliance.
Sternberger previously was second vice president for product tax compliance at a unit of Conseco Inc., Carmel, Ind.
Sternberger has a bachelor’s degree in education from Indiana University and master of law degree from Trinity College. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter, Chartered Financial Consultant and Registered Health Underwriter professional designations, according to Old Mutual Financial, a unit of Old Mutual P.L.C., London.
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Simsbury, Conn., has hired Mark Esposito to be chief information officer for its individual life division.
Esposito previously worked for a unit of the Phoenix Companies Inc., Hartford.
Esposito has a bachelor’s degree from Western Connecticut State University.
- Reinsurance Group of America Inc., St. Louis, has promoted Jym Barnes to president of the RGA Technology Partners Inc. unit from managing director of the unit.
RTP develops life insurance underwriting systems, including tele-underwriting systems, for life insurance companies.
Barnes has a bachelor’s degree in computer science from St. Louis University.
- VantisLife Insurance Company, East Hartford, Conn., has hired Trisha Ann Walker to be a regional director for business development and client support in its Southeast region. Walker, who previously was an inside wholesaler at Symetra Life Insurance Company, Bellevue, Wash., will work from an office in Cape Coral, Fla.
- Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J., has promoted Glen Baptist to chief investment officer for its international investments business.
Baptist will supervise international investments businesses in Korea, Mexico and Taiwan and joint ventures in China, Germany and Italy.
Baptist previously was director of mutual funds and managed accounts at Prudential’s fixed-income unit.