8 Best Practices Of
1. Develop a Marketing Plan. All high-performing salespeople have used and continue to use a planning process. In contrast, most low-performing salespeople spend more time planning their vacations than planning their careers.
2. Know Your Client. During a first interview with a prospect, many advisors ask, “Can you tell me about your business?” That question is the kiss of death. This is probably the best way to show a prospect that you cant help him. Top advisors never ask this question–they already know the answer. Top advisors use their first few minutes to demonstrate their mastery of the prospects situation and thereby establish trust and confidence.
3. Understand Decision- making. Top advisors know that people use facts as factors but make decisions based on emotion. They are able to zero in on what matters most to each individual prospect.
4. Help Them Buy. Top advisors know that people hate to be sold but love to buy.
What Your Peers Are Reading
5. Create Client Capital. Client capital is the true value of an advisors business–top advisors create client capital by building successful relationships with their clients, relationships that lead to introductions.