March 14, 2003 — Standard & Poor’s and BusinessWeek announced the winners of its first annual U.S. Excellence in Fund Management Awards.
Out of 14,285 domestic mutual funds tracked by Standard & Poor’s, the following ten fund managers, or management teams, were identified by our independent fund analysts as being “best in class,” demonstrating exceptional levels of leadership, while consistently producing strong results over the past five years.
- Small-Cap Growth Thomas Barry Bjurman Micro Cap Growth Fund (BMCFX)
- Small-Cap Value Whitney George Royce Fund Low-Priced Stock (RYLPX)
- Large-Cap Growth Team Managed Growth Fund of America/A (AGTHX) *
- Large-Cap Blend Bill Miller & Nancy Dennin Legg Mason Eq Tr:Value/Prim (LMVTX) *
- Large-Cap Value Team Managed Dodge & Cox Stock Fund (DODGX)
- ForeignRichard Pell & Rudolph Younes Julius Baer Inv:Intl Equity Fund/A (BJBIX) *
- World Team Managed Tweedy Browne Global Value Fund (TBGVX)
- Convertibles John Calamos & Nick Calamos Calamos Convertible Growth & Income/A (CVTRX)
- Intermediate Bond William Gross Harbor Funds Bond Fund/Instl (HABDX)
- Intermediate-Government Philip Barach, Jeffrey Gundlach, & Frederick Horton TCW Galileo Total Return Bond Fund/I (TGLMX)
*Standard & Poor’s ‘Select Fund’