Dec. 31, 2002 — AIM Capital Management announced several year-end fund management changes and reassignments effective December 31:
FundNew Management TeamPrior Management TeamYTD Return Thru 12/30
- Asia Pacific Growth FundBarrett Sides, Shuxin CaoSides, Cao, Dale Griffin-11.3%
- AIM Global Science & Technology Fund/A (GTTCX) Abel Garcia, David Barnard, Warren TennantGarcia, Barnard, Robert Lloyd-43.9%
- AIM International Growth Fund/A (AIIEX) Clas Olsson, Barrett Sides, Jason HolzerOlsson, Sides, Holzer, Griffin-14.7%
- AIM Large Cap Core Equity/A (LCEAX) Meggan Walsh, J. Philip FergusonRonald Sloan, Roger Mortimer-13.1%
- AIM New Technology Fund/A (ANTAX) Abel Garcia, David Barnard, Warren TennantGarcia, Barnard, Robert Lloyd-45.3%
- AIM Premier Equity Fund/A (AVLFX) Evan Harrel, Robert SheltonHarrel, Joel Dobberpuhl, Shelton-30.9%
- AIM Premier Equity II Fund/A (VIIAX) Evan Harrel, Robert SheltonHarrel, Joel Dobberpuhl, Shelton-30.2%
- AIM Select Equity Fund/A (AGWFX) Polly A. Ahrendts, Duy Nguyen, J. Philip FergusonAhrendts-29.9%
- AIM Summit Fund/I (SMMIX) David Barnard, Robert Lloyd, Bret Stanley, Kenneth ZschappelBarnard, Lloyd, Stanley-30.3%
- AIM Worldwide Spectrum Fund/A (AWSAX) Roger Mortimer, Glen HiltonJoel Dobberpuhl, Clas Olsson-8.1%
Sloan remains lead manager of AIM Mid Cap Core Equity Fund/A (GTAGX) and AIM Charter Fund/A (CHTRX).
Walsh continues as lead manager for AIM Global Financial Services Fund/A (GFSAX), and co-manager of AIM Balanced Fund/A (AMBLX) and AIM Global Utilities Fund/A (AUTLX).
Ferguson joined AIM in 2000 as a senior investment officer has more than 30 years of investment experience.
Dobberpuhl and Griffin have retired, effective December 31.
Mortimer also continues as lead manager of AIM Global Energy Fund/A (GTNAX).
Hilton joined AIM in 2002 and began his investment career in 1995 at Montgomery Asset Management, where he held a variety of positions, including senior analyst and portfolio manager.