- Barry Duncan's What's Right With You: Debunking Dysfunction and Changing Your Life (HCI, 2005) shows readers how to tap into their inner resilience and use what's right with them to change their lives.
- For more information about John and Julie Gottman's research, see The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver (Three Rivers Press, 2000).
- George Kinder's classic The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life (Dell, 2000) helps clients integrate their finances with their deeper spiritual and emotional values.
- In The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: 5 Principles to Transform Your Relationship with Money, by Drs. Ted & Brad Klontz and Rick Kahler (HCI, 2005), clients learn that it's their relationship with money that matters, not money itself. The book explains how to recognize unconscious money scripts that may be keeping them trapped, and suggests a practical plan to help them become the master of their money instead of its servant.
- James Prochaska's research is a cornerstone of Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Step Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward, by Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (Collins, 1995), which espouses a therapeutic approach based on the authors' work with people in all sorts of damaging behavioral patterns, including smoking, overeating, alcohol abuse, and toxic relationships.
- Last, by reading my "Psychology of Advice" excerpts in The Advisor's Guide to Money Psychology: Taking the Fear Out of Financial Decision-Making (Investment Advisor Press, 2004), you can gain a deeper understanding of money personality types and gender differences, couples polarization patterns, loaded issues like loss, sudden wealth, and values clashes, and ways to prevent burnout.
Switching firms can reignite connections with your best clients and even increase referrals. This step-by-step guide teaches you the best practices of top advisors on...
Are you getting the most out of your social media strategy? Without a strategy in place to make the most of LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and...
Whether you’re a new or experienced agent, we won’t put restraints on your earnings! Plus, you’ll get instant proof of insurance and so much more....
Apr 01, 2014
Regardless of the level of wealth that your clients enjoy, if you’re not providing them with knowledgeable advice about when and how to take their...
Mar 25, 2014
Practice Management and coaching won’t get you where you want to go. You must look beyond your practice and take on a more holistic view...
Feb 25, 2014
Join ThinkAdvisor for this live, interactive webcast and hear from industry executives regarding the investment opportunities surrounding alternative investments.