- Barry Duncan's What's Right With You: Debunking Dysfunction and Changing Your Life (HCI, 2005) shows readers how to tap into their inner resilience and use what's right with them to change their lives.
- For more information about John and Julie Gottman's research, see The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver (Three Rivers Press, 2000).
- George Kinder's classic The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life (Dell, 2000) helps clients integrate their finances with their deeper spiritual and emotional values.
- In The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: 5 Principles to Transform Your Relationship with Money, by Drs. Ted & Brad Klontz and Rick Kahler (HCI, 2005), clients learn that it's their relationship with money that matters, not money itself. The book explains how to recognize unconscious money scripts that may be keeping them trapped, and suggests a practical plan to help them become the master of their money instead of its servant.
- James Prochaska's research is a cornerstone of Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Step Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward, by Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (Collins, 1995), which espouses a therapeutic approach based on the authors' work with people in all sorts of damaging behavioral patterns, including smoking, overeating, alcohol abuse, and toxic relationships.
- Last, by reading my "Psychology of Advice" excerpts in The Advisor's Guide to Money Psychology: Taking the Fear Out of Financial Decision-Making (Investment Advisor Press, 2004), you can gain a deeper understanding of money personality types and gender differences, couples polarization patterns, loaded issues like loss, sudden wealth, and values clashes, and ways to prevent burnout.
Digital Transformation and the Advisor: Keeping pace with a rapidly evolving competitive landscape will show you how to take advantage of—rather than feel threatened by—financial...
Secure the future of your business with customers from the largest generation in history.
Part II in a series of articles on working with ultra-high-net-worth clients from IMCA's Investments & Wealth Monitor takes a look at the biggest trends...
Oct 05, 2016
Some broker-dealers have already decided to exit certain lines of business and are sizing up how the rule will impact their IT and compliance budgets....
Sep 13, 2016
Nationwide is providing a deeper look into the rule’s implications and a discussion of decisions firms will need to make in order to comply.
Aug 24, 2016
Many affected firms and individuals are well-versed in the complexities of the new rule but still have detailed questions. Others are still familiarizing themselves with...