- Barry Duncan's What's Right With You: Debunking Dysfunction and Changing Your Life (HCI, 2005) shows readers how to tap into their inner resilience and use what's right with them to change their lives.
- For more information about John and Julie Gottman's research, see The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver (Three Rivers Press, 2000).
- George Kinder's classic The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life (Dell, 2000) helps clients integrate their finances with their deeper spiritual and emotional values.
- In The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: 5 Principles to Transform Your Relationship with Money, by Drs. Ted & Brad Klontz and Rick Kahler (HCI, 2005), clients learn that it's their relationship with money that matters, not money itself. The book explains how to recognize unconscious money scripts that may be keeping them trapped, and suggests a practical plan to help them become the master of their money instead of its servant.
- James Prochaska's research is a cornerstone of Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Step Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward, by Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (Collins, 1995), which espouses a therapeutic approach based on the authors' work with people in all sorts of damaging behavioral patterns, including smoking, overeating, alcohol abuse, and toxic relationships.
- Last, by reading my "Psychology of Advice" excerpts in The Advisor's Guide to Money Psychology: Taking the Fear Out of Financial Decision-Making (Investment Advisor Press, 2004), you can gain a deeper understanding of money personality types and gender differences, couples polarization patterns, loaded issues like loss, sudden wealth, and values clashes, and ways to prevent burnout.
This collection of articles from IMCA's Investments & Wealth Monitor focus on after-tax returns of active and passive funds, choices in active and passive, and...
Combined fee-based and commission-based businesses are on the rise. See how this adaptable model offers flexibility, while helping you maximize opportunities with access to a...
In this presentation, CEO of Cambridge Eric Schwartz shares with you details on solving the challenges facing independent advisors, including business continuity and succession planning.
Jun 30, 2015
Join ThinkAdvisor & Well Fargo in this webcast to learn a dynamic four criteria approach and how to gain portfolio flexibility.
Jun 09, 2015
Join ThinkAdvisor for this live, interactive webcast and hear from the winners of the 2015 SMA Mangers of the Year on impact investing strategies and...
May 14, 2015
Join leading advisors from Laserfiche to learn how to harness ECM power and efficiency to your firm.