- Barry Duncan's What's Right With You: Debunking Dysfunction and Changing Your Life (HCI, 2005) shows readers how to tap into their inner resilience and use what's right with them to change their lives.
- For more information about John and Julie Gottman's research, see The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver (Three Rivers Press, 2000).
- George Kinder's classic The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life (Dell, 2000) helps clients integrate their finances with their deeper spiritual and emotional values.
- In The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: 5 Principles to Transform Your Relationship with Money, by Drs. Ted & Brad Klontz and Rick Kahler (HCI, 2005), clients learn that it's their relationship with money that matters, not money itself. The book explains how to recognize unconscious money scripts that may be keeping them trapped, and suggests a practical plan to help them become the master of their money instead of its servant.
- James Prochaska's research is a cornerstone of Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Step Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward, by Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (Collins, 1995), which espouses a therapeutic approach based on the authors' work with people in all sorts of damaging behavioral patterns, including smoking, overeating, alcohol abuse, and toxic relationships.
- Last, by reading my "Psychology of Advice" excerpts in The Advisor's Guide to Money Psychology: Taking the Fear Out of Financial Decision-Making (Investment Advisor Press, 2004), you can gain a deeper understanding of money personality types and gender differences, couples polarization patterns, loaded issues like loss, sudden wealth, and values clashes, and ways to prevent burnout.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
Your resource for news, research and analysis to help you deliver more effective outcomes to your clients.
Expand your client relationships utilizing these 5 best practices. Help them develop charitable giving strategies to optimize donations, expand giving and fulfill their philanthropic goals.
Millennials are the future of your practice; both as clients and employees. Understand how they think to capture them as clients, attract them as employees...
Hundreds of plan advisors are successfully gaining the attention of CFOs and securing appointments. Learn how with this short video.
Jun 29, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to dive into the imperative demand benefits professionals, employers, and HR representatives must meet when it comes to customizing benefits packages,...
Jun 28, 2017
Clients want to discuss health care costs in retirement. We can help break down options and costs so your clients can better prepare.
Jun 20, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to discover how the top three SMA Mangers of the Year beat their peers by consistently delivering alpha.