- Barry Duncan's What's Right With You: Debunking Dysfunction and Changing Your Life (HCI, 2005) shows readers how to tap into their inner resilience and use what's right with them to change their lives.
- For more information about John and Julie Gottman's research, see The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver (Three Rivers Press, 2000).
- George Kinder's classic The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life (Dell, 2000) helps clients integrate their finances with their deeper spiritual and emotional values.
- In The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: 5 Principles to Transform Your Relationship with Money, by Drs. Ted & Brad Klontz and Rick Kahler (HCI, 2005), clients learn that it's their relationship with money that matters, not money itself. The book explains how to recognize unconscious money scripts that may be keeping them trapped, and suggests a practical plan to help them become the master of their money instead of its servant.
- James Prochaska's research is a cornerstone of Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Step Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward, by Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (Collins, 1995), which espouses a therapeutic approach based on the authors' work with people in all sorts of damaging behavioral patterns, including smoking, overeating, alcohol abuse, and toxic relationships.
- Last, by reading my "Psychology of Advice" excerpts in The Advisor's Guide to Money Psychology: Taking the Fear Out of Financial Decision-Making (Investment Advisor Press, 2004), you can gain a deeper understanding of money personality types and gender differences, couples polarization patterns, loaded issues like loss, sudden wealth, and values clashes, and ways to prevent burnout.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
Your resource for news, research and analysis to help you deliver more effective outcomes to your clients.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
Losing clients can be discouraging at best, butÂ?it happens. Based on a study of 1,400 Advisors, here are the top five documented reasons financial professionals...
One of the most popular investment strategies may be one of the least successful.
Now may be a good time for investors to revisit their fixed-Income strategy.
Sep 13, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to learn a new way to evaluate vision benefits so you have truly useful information that will help you find the...
Aug 30, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to learn strategies and tips that will improve enrollment for your clients and their employees.
Aug 29, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast for an in-depth discussion on the business cycle and finding fruitful opportunities to invest in each phase.