- Barry Duncan's What's Right With You: Debunking Dysfunction and Changing Your Life (HCI, 2005) shows readers how to tap into their inner resilience and use what's right with them to change their lives.
- For more information about John and Julie Gottman's research, see The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver (Three Rivers Press, 2000).
- George Kinder's classic The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life (Dell, 2000) helps clients integrate their finances with their deeper spiritual and emotional values.
- In The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: 5 Principles to Transform Your Relationship with Money, by Drs. Ted & Brad Klontz and Rick Kahler (HCI, 2005), clients learn that it's their relationship with money that matters, not money itself. The book explains how to recognize unconscious money scripts that may be keeping them trapped, and suggests a practical plan to help them become the master of their money instead of its servant.
- James Prochaska's research is a cornerstone of Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Step Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward, by Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (Collins, 1995), which espouses a therapeutic approach based on the authors' work with people in all sorts of damaging behavioral patterns, including smoking, overeating, alcohol abuse, and toxic relationships.
- Last, by reading my "Psychology of Advice" excerpts in The Advisor's Guide to Money Psychology: Taking the Fear Out of Financial Decision-Making (Investment Advisor Press, 2004), you can gain a deeper understanding of money personality types and gender differences, couples polarization patterns, loaded issues like loss, sudden wealth, and values clashes, and ways to prevent burnout.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
It's not when you retire. It's how you retire.
In this White Paper, we share five steps to help you build a risk management program that enables the benefits of text messaging while protecting...
Many are uncertain about fiduciary regulations, but one thing is clear. Your clients expect you to act in their best interest when it comes to...
Apr 12, 2017
Energize your firm’s productivity with technology by joining the experts at Envestnet as they share how to increase profitability and gain a competitive edge with...
Mar 21, 2017
Americans are living longer and healthier lives, and these added years can create new challenges for retirement income planning.
Feb 07, 2017
The DOL fiduciary rule is quickly approaching the first compliance date, effective April 10th, with full implementation starting January 1, 2018. Is your business on...