- Barry Duncan's What's Right With You: Debunking Dysfunction and Changing Your Life (HCI, 2005) shows readers how to tap into their inner resilience and use what's right with them to change their lives.
- For more information about John and Julie Gottman's research, see The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver (Three Rivers Press, 2000).
- George Kinder's classic The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life (Dell, 2000) helps clients integrate their finances with their deeper spiritual and emotional values.
- In The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: 5 Principles to Transform Your Relationship with Money, by Drs. Ted & Brad Klontz and Rick Kahler (HCI, 2005), clients learn that it's their relationship with money that matters, not money itself. The book explains how to recognize unconscious money scripts that may be keeping them trapped, and suggests a practical plan to help them become the master of their money instead of its servant.
- James Prochaska's research is a cornerstone of Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Step Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward, by Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (Collins, 1995), which espouses a therapeutic approach based on the authors' work with people in all sorts of damaging behavioral patterns, including smoking, overeating, alcohol abuse, and toxic relationships.
- Last, by reading my "Psychology of Advice" excerpts in The Advisor's Guide to Money Psychology: Taking the Fear Out of Financial Decision-Making (Investment Advisor Press, 2004), you can gain a deeper understanding of money personality types and gender differences, couples polarization patterns, loaded issues like loss, sudden wealth, and values clashes, and ways to prevent burnout.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
STP can be described as electronically capturing and processing transactions in one pass, from the point of first 'deal' to final settlement.
This complimentary report discusses those powerful benefits in detail along with a wide range of planning applications.
By creating an informed, well-thought-out business plan, you can navigate today’s challenges and set a course toward growth.
Mar 21, 2017
Americans are living longer and healthier lives, and these added years can create new challenges for retirement income planning.
Feb 07, 2017
The DOL fiduciary rule is quickly approaching the first compliance date, effective April 10th, with full implementation starting January 1, 2018. Is your business on...
Jan 31, 2017
For many, the New Year means new technology being implemented at the practice. One of the biggest challenges facing advisory firms today is getting the...