- Barry Duncan's What's Right With You: Debunking Dysfunction and Changing Your Life (HCI, 2005) shows readers how to tap into their inner resilience and use what's right with them to change their lives.
- For more information about John and Julie Gottman's research, see The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver (Three Rivers Press, 2000).
- George Kinder's classic The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life (Dell, 2000) helps clients integrate their finances with their deeper spiritual and emotional values.
- In The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: 5 Principles to Transform Your Relationship with Money, by Drs. Ted & Brad Klontz and Rick Kahler (HCI, 2005), clients learn that it's their relationship with money that matters, not money itself. The book explains how to recognize unconscious money scripts that may be keeping them trapped, and suggests a practical plan to help them become the master of their money instead of its servant.
- James Prochaska's research is a cornerstone of Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Step Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward, by Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (Collins, 1995), which espouses a therapeutic approach based on the authors' work with people in all sorts of damaging behavioral patterns, including smoking, overeating, alcohol abuse, and toxic relationships.
- Last, by reading my "Psychology of Advice" excerpts in The Advisor's Guide to Money Psychology: Taking the Fear Out of Financial Decision-Making (Investment Advisor Press, 2004), you can gain a deeper understanding of money personality types and gender differences, couples polarization patterns, loaded issues like loss, sudden wealth, and values clashes, and ways to prevent burnout.
To discover how LPL can help you create your own vision of success, download Customize Your Practice, Shape Your Success.
You can do it all - if you had a 50-hour day. Until there is one, hiring a junior advisor may be what you need...
The College for Financial Planning is the leading provider of financial education with more than 135,000 graduates and 40+ years of experience educating the nation's...
Mar 17, 2015
Clients are turning more to their financial advisors for guidance regarding how to handle their Social Security withdrawal strategy. Therefore, advisors need to not only...
Feb 12, 2015
Join Anne Kritzmire, Managing Director of Closed-End Funds & Global Structured Products, as she dispels seven commonly held misconceptions about closed-end funds and provides resources...
Jan 28, 2015
How advisors execute their exit from the business they spent decades building is no less momentous a decision than the succession decision of their business...