- Barry Duncan's What's Right With You: Debunking Dysfunction and Changing Your Life (HCI, 2005) shows readers how to tap into their inner resilience and use what's right with them to change their lives.
- For more information about John and Julie Gottman's research, see The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver (Three Rivers Press, 2000).
- George Kinder's classic The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life (Dell, 2000) helps clients integrate their finances with their deeper spiritual and emotional values.
- In The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: 5 Principles to Transform Your Relationship with Money, by Drs. Ted & Brad Klontz and Rick Kahler (HCI, 2005), clients learn that it's their relationship with money that matters, not money itself. The book explains how to recognize unconscious money scripts that may be keeping them trapped, and suggests a practical plan to help them become the master of their money instead of its servant.
- James Prochaska's research is a cornerstone of Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Step Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward, by Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (Collins, 1995), which espouses a therapeutic approach based on the authors' work with people in all sorts of damaging behavioral patterns, including smoking, overeating, alcohol abuse, and toxic relationships.
- Last, by reading my "Psychology of Advice" excerpts in The Advisor's Guide to Money Psychology: Taking the Fear Out of Financial Decision-Making (Investment Advisor Press, 2004), you can gain a deeper understanding of money personality types and gender differences, couples polarization patterns, loaded issues like loss, sudden wealth, and values clashes, and ways to prevent burnout.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
A survey of advisors nationwide reveals how the use of ETFs is expanding and what factors are likely to further support this trend.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
Your resource for news, research and analysis to help you deliver more effective outcomes to your clients.
Reviewing this paper and incorporating the steps included into your 2018 marketing plan will enable you to be effective and take advantage of the huge...
Financial firms are failing to manage text messaging risk in the workplace. This guide explores how firms are exposed, the challenges of compliance and steps...
Investors need to invest differently in bull markets than they do in bear markets. Learn the importance of risk management during both and the best...
Dec 12, 2017
Join this webcast to see how Trisha Qualy, Director of Wealth Management at AdvisorNet Financial, took client assets from $100 million to $1.3 billion in...
Nov 15, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to learn innovative strategies that have proven effective in containing rising health costs.
Nov 02, 2017
Join this conversation as a panel of experts provides tips and best practices to optimize your tech resources for business growth.