- Barry Duncan's What's Right With You: Debunking Dysfunction and Changing Your Life (HCI, 2005) shows readers how to tap into their inner resilience and use what's right with them to change their lives.
- For more information about John and Julie Gottman's research, see The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver (Three Rivers Press, 2000).
- George Kinder's classic The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life (Dell, 2000) helps clients integrate their finances with their deeper spiritual and emotional values.
- In The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: 5 Principles to Transform Your Relationship with Money, by Drs. Ted & Brad Klontz and Rick Kahler (HCI, 2005), clients learn that it's their relationship with money that matters, not money itself. The book explains how to recognize unconscious money scripts that may be keeping them trapped, and suggests a practical plan to help them become the master of their money instead of its servant.
- James Prochaska's research is a cornerstone of Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Step Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward, by Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (Collins, 1995), which espouses a therapeutic approach based on the authors' work with people in all sorts of damaging behavioral patterns, including smoking, overeating, alcohol abuse, and toxic relationships.
- Last, by reading my "Psychology of Advice" excerpts in The Advisor's Guide to Money Psychology: Taking the Fear Out of Financial Decision-Making (Investment Advisor Press, 2004), you can gain a deeper understanding of money personality types and gender differences, couples polarization patterns, loaded issues like loss, sudden wealth, and values clashes, and ways to prevent burnout.
Introducing an Advanced Investment Product Advisor Course at CFFP & a presentation focusing on financial planning, expectations and strategies for different generations.
Whether buying or selling a practice, asking the right questions up front can make all the difference. Use these guides as a starting point to...
Fail to provide it and customers immediately look to competitors who will do what you won't. Download this white paper for 9 strategies to improve...
Apr 23, 2015
Clients are sometimes shell-shocked when they look at long-term care investment options. Smart advisors must be able to effectively communicate the importance of long-term care...
Apr 16, 2015
ThinkAdvisor and The Investment Center, Inc. speak about where advisors currently go wrong, how they can improve, and uncover real examples and suggestions others have...
Apr 08, 2015
Seventy percent of consumers over the age of 65 will need long term care (LTC) at some point in their lifetime. In this 60-minute...