- Barry Duncan's What's Right With You: Debunking Dysfunction and Changing Your Life (HCI, 2005) shows readers how to tap into their inner resilience and use what's right with them to change their lives.
- For more information about John and Julie Gottman's research, see The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work: A Practical Guide from the Country's Foremost Relationship Expert, by John M. Gottman and Nan Silver (Three Rivers Press, 2000).
- George Kinder's classic The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life (Dell, 2000) helps clients integrate their finances with their deeper spiritual and emotional values.
- In The Financial Wisdom of Ebenezer Scrooge: 5 Principles to Transform Your Relationship with Money, by Drs. Ted & Brad Klontz and Rick Kahler (HCI, 2005), clients learn that it's their relationship with money that matters, not money itself. The book explains how to recognize unconscious money scripts that may be keeping them trapped, and suggests a practical plan to help them become the master of their money instead of its servant.
- James Prochaska's research is a cornerstone of Changing for Good: A Revolutionary Six-Step Program for Overcoming Bad Habits and Moving Your Life Positively Forward, by Prochaska, John Norcross, and Carlo DiClemente (Collins, 1995), which espouses a therapeutic approach based on the authors' work with people in all sorts of damaging behavioral patterns, including smoking, overeating, alcohol abuse, and toxic relationships.
- Last, by reading my "Psychology of Advice" excerpts in The Advisor's Guide to Money Psychology: Taking the Fear Out of Financial Decision-Making (Investment Advisor Press, 2004), you can gain a deeper understanding of money personality types and gender differences, couples polarization patterns, loaded issues like loss, sudden wealth, and values clashes, and ways to prevent burnout.
Your resource for news, research and analysis to help you deliver more effective outcomes to your clients.
A survey of advisors nationwide reveals how the use of ETFs is expanding and what factors are likely to further support this trend.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
Variable annuities are simplifying, bringing new opportunities to grow your business. Take a quick dive into recent product evolutions and how to identify the best...
Examine how increased allocations to global small-cap securities have the potential to enhance overall portfolio returns, increase portfolio efficiency, and decrease overall portfolio correlations.
Access research on what Millennials value and what motivates them financially.
Nov 02, 2017
Join this conversation as a panel of experts provides tips and best practices to optimize your tech resources for business growth.
Oct 25, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to discover how to leave the impression that employee benefits is stodgy and sluggish in the past.
Sep 28, 2017
Women face unique retirement challenges. We can give you key considerations and strategies to help you optimize your female clients’ Social Security. In this webcast, you’ll...