There are certain products that lend themselves better to sell over the phone. Since you have experience in the Medicare market, a natural extension would be final expense and guaranteed issue products.
I recommend contracting with all the top carriers so that you are able to offer clients a full spectrum of options, as any good independent agent should. Some of the top companies I recommend are:
- Great Western Life Insurance Company — for both graded benefit and guaranteed issue.
- Gerber Life Insurance Company — great guaranteed issue product.
- Mutual of Omaha — great options for both whole life and graded benefit policies.
- Assurity Life Insurance Company — strong final expense product.
- Royal Neighbors of American — strong final expense products.
There are many more final expense companies, and I recommend you look at http://fexquotes.com/ to be able to quote all of them.
The final expense market is a specialized market that is always looking for good agents to work from home. There are also many options to purchase final expense leads for anywhere from $10 to $30 each.
There are several Medicare supplement call centers that ask customers if they are also looking for life insurance, and if so they will live transfer them to an agent working from home.
If you are going to be available to work on the weekends, live transfer leads are a great opportunity.
Do you have a question you’d like to ask our advisory board? Click here to submit a challenge.