Ever felt like you’re on a treadmill going nowhere as you do your day-to-day work? You want your business to grow, but it seems all of your efforts just maintain the status quo. In the words of the immortal Yogi Berra: “If you don’t know where you are going, you might end up someplace else.” The same is true for your business. The work you put in everyday does keep the lights on but in order to advance to the next level, you need an annual business planning process.
Reasons to establish a business plan:
- You can’t figure out which direction to go until you know where you are now.
- Progress is accidental unless you have goals and action steps defined.
- A scheduled time for goal planning and completion will help ensure it happens.
- An accountability process will almost double your probability of success.
Business planning steps
An effective business planning process includes five critical steps:
- Review the past
- Assess the present
- Design your future (goal setting)
- Create an action plan(s)
- Schedule accountability meetings
Get going in the right direction today
To help you begin the process, we’ve provided a simple, easy-to-use, one-page business plan version that will enable you to take a broad look at your business and set goals for your practice. It’s obviously not a comprehensive business plan, but it’s an easy jump-start that will give you momentum toward building a practice with purpose.
Please download your copy of the One-Page Business Plan form.