This quick assessment will help you predict your marketing success and find areas for improvement in 2015.
1. Do you have an up-to-date website with at least one call to action to get people to interact, sign up for an email newsletter, request valuable information, download a whitepaper, register for a seminar or interact in some other way?
One or more calls to action (5 points):_____
Each call to action already generating qualified leads (5 points): _____
2. Does your website feature videos?
Yes (5 points): _____
3. Are you engaging in marketing activities (seminars, events, mailings, email campaigns, networking, referrals) that will generate 5 or more new qualified prospects each month?
Each activity likely to produce qualified prospects (5 points): _____
4. Do you have a list of prospects you can reach via mail or email?
Each group of 500 prospects on your list (5 points): _____
5. How often do you make contact with your list of prospects?
On a monthly basis (10 points): _____
6. How many prospects do you have on your “hotlist” of prospects likely to do business with you this year?
Each hot prospect (1 point): _____
7. How many referrals did you receive in 2014?
Each referred prospect who became a client (1 point): _____
Interpret your score:
Top producer. (80 to 100+ points) Congratulations, you will likely have a great year!
Up and comer. (50 to 79 points) You’re doing great and building a strong pipeline.
Just getting started. (30 to 49 points) You’re on the right track, but you need to pay more attention to your marketing.
Opportunity alert. (0 to 29 points) There’s huge potential to make better use of your marketing efforts.
Good luck and good marketing in the New Year!
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day! More tips:
Maribeth Kuzmeski is the founder of Red Zone Marketing, LLC, which consults to Fortune 500 firms on strategic marketing planning and business growth. For more information, go to www.redzonemarketing.com.