The Financial Planning Association announced the election of five new members to its board of directors at FPA Experience 2013 in Orlando on Saturday. Each new board member will serve a three-year term beginning January 1, 2014.
The newly elected FPA board members “will apply their diverse backgrounds and experience in helping guide FPA’s strategic directive of being the ‘recognized and unquestioned association of Certified Financial Professionals’ while working to advance the recognition of the financial planning profession,” according to FPA.
The new board members include:
- Shawn Brayman, CFP® of PlanPlus, Inc. in Lindsay, Ontario, Canada
- Michelle Carney, CFP® of L. Paul Kassouf & Co., P.C. in Birmingham, Ala.
- Frank Pare, CFP® of PF Wealth Management Group in Oakland, Calif.
- Dan Skiles of Shareholders Service Group in San Diego, Calif. (and nvestment Advisor’s Technology Coach columnist)
- Evelyn Zohlen, CFP® of Inspired Wealth in Huntington Beach, Calif.
The FPA Board of Directors is responsible for setting the vision and strategic direction for the association, using FPA’s “core beliefs” as the key filters for making decisions in a fiduciary capacity on behalf of members and constituents.
The 2014 Board will be comprised of 15 total members, which includes the five newly elected members and FPA Executive Director and CEO Lauren Schadle.
“I have been involved with FPA at various capacities throughout my career and I’m looking forward to serving the FPA community as a member of the national board,” Skiles told ThinkAdvisor upon hearing of his election.