Odgers Berndtson, an executive search firm, says Pat Corey and Paul Hanson have become partners in its Chicago office.
Corey, who will be head of the U.S. insurance practice at Odgers Berndtson, London, and Corey will handle high-level executive searches for organizations in the life, health and property-casualty markets.
Corey previously was a senior client partner in the insurance and financial services practice at Korn/Ferry International, New York. He has a bachelor’s degree from Northwestern University.
Hanson was an insurance search consultant at Heidrick & Struggles International Inc., Chicago. He has a bachelor’s degree from Bradley University.
In other personnel news:
- The American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA), Arlington, Va., has hired James Dornan to be political director.
Dornan previously was a senior vice president handling political consulting services at Artemis Strategies, Washington.
Dornan also is a guest lecturer at George Mason University in Fairfax, Va., and Washington-based programs run by schools such as Notre Dame.
- Lincoln Financial Distributors, a wholesale distribution arm of Lincoln National Corp., Radnor, Pa. (NYSE:LNC), has promoted Tom Tooley to head of insurance solutions distribution from national sales manager, independent planner channel.
Tooley has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter and Chartered Financial Consultant professional designations.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Sharmaine Miller to be vice president of new business operations in the U.S. insurance group protection product management division.
Miller succeeds Todd Gish, who is going on to lead the U.S. insurance group expense and risk management function in the finance division.
Miller previously was vice president of operations at Maple Life Financial Inc., Bethesda, Md.
She has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Delaware. She holds the Fellow of the Life Management Institute and the Six Sigma Master Black Belt professional designations.
- Symetra Life Insurance Company, a unit of Symetra Financial Corp., Bellevue, Wash. (NYSE:SYA), has hired Lora Lyons to be an assistant vice president in charge of group life and disability claims operations.
Lyons previously was an assistant vice president for program service delivery in the New York office of Zurich American Insurance Company.
Lyons has an associate’s degree in nursing from the State University of New York at Westchester. She is a registered nurse and holds the Certified Quality Auditor professional designation.
- Amerigroup Corp., Virginia Beach, Va. (NYSE:AGP), has hired Georgia Dodds Foley to be chief compliance officer.
Dodds Foley previously was a deputy compliance and ethics officer at CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia (NYSE:CI).
Dodds Foley has a bachelor’s degree from Pennsylvania State University and a law degree from the University of Pittsburgh.
Other personnel changes coverage from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: Lockton, The Vitality Group, Symetra, Others
- Personnel Changes: Zurich, American United, ASPPA, Lockton Dunning
- Personnel Changes: Pan-American Life, Jackson National, Mintel Comperemedia, Vertafore, Heffernan
- Personnel Changes: Ernest & Young, AAA, MassMutual, Hartford, Assurant, StanCorp
- Personnel Changes: Digital Insurance, New York Life, Liberty Life, Forethought, Alliant, Avalere