Pan-American Life Insurance Group Inc. has hired Robert DiCianni to succeed Eugenio Magdalena as senior vice president for Latin America.
Magdalena is on permanent medical leave because of an accident, according to Pan-American, New Orleans.
DiCianni, who will be based in Panama, previously was managing director of ALICO Mexico, a division of American International Group Inc., New York (NYSE:AIG).
- Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London (NYSE:PUK), has hired Matthew Gonring to be vice president of corporate communications.
Gonring, who will be based in Franklin, Tenn., previously was chief communications officer at Pactiv Corp., Lake Forest, Ill., and other similar companies.
Gonring has a bachelor’s degree in communications and political science from the University of Wisconsin at Stevens Point and a master’s degree in public relations from American University.
- Vertafore Inc., Bothell, Wash., an insurance technology company, is eliminating the positions of president of agency markets and president of carrier and managing general agency (MGA) markets.
The current president of carrier and MGA markets, Matt McKernan, will be leaving the company to pursue other opportunities, Vertafore says.
Bill Bunker, president of agency markets, will become senior vice president of professional services and support during a transition before leaving to pursue other opportunities, Vertafore says.
Vertafore has hired Mark Sonders to be senior vice president of sales and client services.
Sonders previously was managing director, head of sales at Thomson Reuters, New York.
- Heffernan Insurance Brokers Inc., Walnut Creek, Calif., has hired Robert Stumper to be senior vice president of employee benefits in its New York office.
Stumper has a bachelor’s degree in business management from Long Island University.
- Mintel Comperemedia, Chicago has hired Gary Wooley to be the director of direct marketing competitive intelligence.
Wooly previously was manager of an intelligence unit at Jackson National.
Wooley holds the Fellow of the Life Management Institute professional designation.
Other personnel changes coverage from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: Ernest & Young, AAA, MassMutual, Hartford, Assurant, StanCorp
- Personnel Changes: Digital Insurance, New York Life, Liberty Life, Forethought, Alliant, Avalere
- Personnel Changes: Symetra, Penn Mutual, LSV, LTCI, KePRO, Concert
- Personnel Changes: BCG, Delta Dental, Liberty Life, Allianz Life, Securian, Great-West, PCS
- Personnel Changes: Aetna, ACLI, Great West, DTCC