Ernst & Young Global Ltd. has picked Shaun Crawford to lead the global insurance practice.
Crawford previously was leader of the United Kingdom insurance sector and insurance advisory practice for Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa, according to Ernst & Young, London.
Crawford is a fellow of the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants.
In other personnel new:
- The American Academy of Actuaries, Washington, has hired Donald Fuerst to be a senior pension fellow.
The previous senior pension fellow, Frank Todisco, stepped down in November 2010 to become the chief actuary for the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
Fuerst recently retired from a position as a senior partner and consulting actuary in the Denver office of Mercer. He has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Regis University.
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has hired Garrett Carlough and Andrew Hanlon to be retirement services sales directors.
Carlough will be based in New York. He previously worked for Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa (NYSE:PFG).
Hanlon will be based in Boston. He previously worked for Putnam Investments, Boston.
- Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford (NYSE:HIG), has promoted Donato Monaco to run the group reinsurance plus benefits unit.
Monaco previously was a vice president in the company’s Payroll Alliance Center.
Monaco has a bachelor’s degree from Holy Cross College and a master’s degree in business administration from Dartmouth College.
- Assurant Employee Benefits, Kansas City, Mo., a unit of Assurant Inc., New York (NYSE:AIZ), has promoted Joi Tillman to senior vice president of customer advocacy, from vice president.
- StanCorp Equities Inc., a unit of Stan Corp Financial Group Inc., Portland, Ore. (NYSE:SFG), has hired Mark Zoltay to be a pension consultant in its Denver retirement plans office and Scott Harrison to be a pension consultant in its Los Angeles retirement plans office.
Zoltay previously was a regional sales director for the retirement services unit at MassMutual, Springfield, Mass. He has a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Metropolitan State University.
Harrison previously was a regional sales director for a unit of One America Financial Partners Inc., Indianapolis. He has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from San Diego State University.
Other personnel changes columns from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: Digital Insurance, New York Life, Liberty Life, Forethought, Alliant, Avalere
- Personnel Changes: Symetra, Penn Mutual, LSV, LTCI, KePRO, Concert
- Personnel Changes: Aetna, ACLI, Great West, DTCC
- Personnel Changes: PIAA, Aetna, Arizona Blue, Symetra
- Personnel Changes: Nippon Life, Great-West, Lockton, Cohen Milstein