Symetra Life Insurance Company has hired Kevin Knull to be senior vice president, registered investments.
Knull will help the company develop and sell lower-cost variable annuities that do not offer living benefits guarantees, according to Symetra, a unit of Symetra Financial Corp., Bellevue, Wash. (NYSE:SYA).
Knull has been a sales manager at Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford (NYSE:HIG).
Knull has a bachelor’s degree from the U.S. Coast Guard Academy. He holds the Certified Financial Planner professional designation and serves on the board of the National Capital Area Financial Planning Association, Washington.
In other personnel news:
- Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company, Horsham, Pa., has promoted Denise Flannery to senior vice president, strategic marketing, planning and communications, from vice president, strategic marketing, planning and communications.
Flannery has a bachelor’s degree in organizational development from Pennsylvania State University and a master’s degree in business from St. Joseph’s University.
- Life and Specialty Ventures L.L.C. (LSV), Little Rock, Ark., has hired Edward Murphy to be executive vice president of dental operations.
LSV is a holding company that sells dental insurance and other products through its affiliates, USAble Life and Florida Combined Life.
Murphy co-founded Dental Benefit Providers Inc., Columbia, Md., a large dental insurer. He later founded a nonprofit farmers’ market program and a health information firm.
Murphy has been a member of the board of the National Association of Dental Plans, Dallas, Texas.
- LTCI Partners L.L.C., Lake Forest, Ill., a long term care insurance wholesaler, has hired Matt Dean to be vice president of operations.
Dean previously was an executive director, product management, at USAA, San Antonio, Texas.
Dean has a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Texas at San Antonio.
- The Keystone Peer Review Organization Inc. (KePRO), Harrisburg, Pa., has promoted Barbara Knox to vice president, product management.
Knox has a bachelor’s degree in business education from Morgan State University and a master’s degree in marketing from the University of Baltimore, according to KePRO, a health care utilization management company.
- Concert Global Inc., San Jose, Calif., has hired James Lynch to be president of its wealth management division. Lynch will recruit brokers and registered investment advisors who want to set up their own practices and act as fiduciaries.