The Boston Consulting Group Inc. (BCG) has hired Thomas McInerney to be a senior advisor.
McInerney previously was chief operating officer of the global insurance division at ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam (NYSE:ING), and chief executive officer of the ING Americas division, according to BCG, Boston.
McInerney has been on the board of the American Council of Life Insurers, Washington, and of the Financial Services Roundtable, Washington. He now is on the board of the Dartmouth business school.
He has a bachelor’s degree from Colgate University and a master’s degree in business from Dartmouth.
In other personnel news,
- Dentegra Group Inc., San Francisco, has hired Tom Leibowitz to be vice president and chief actuary.
Dentegra is the parent of Delta Dental of California and Delta Dental Insurance Company.
Leibowitz will oversee 50 actuarial analysts in the companies’ main offices in California, Pennsylvania and Georgia.
Leibowitz previously was the executive director of the Western region at Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, Calif.
He has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degrees in mathematics and the actuarial sciences from the University of Connecticut. He holds the fellow of the Society of Actuaries professional designation.
- Liberty Life Insurance Company, Greenville, S.C., a unit of Athene Holding Ltd., Hamilton, Bermuda, has hired Rod Mims to be national sales manager.
Mims will be based in Wilmington, Del., and will be in charge of sales and business development for the retail annuity business Athene is building.
Mims previously was national sales manager at Genworth Financial Inc., Richmond, Va. (NYSE:GNW).
He has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from East Carolina University.
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany, has promoted Sherri Du Mond to head of distribution training.
She previously was vice president of internal sales and sales development.
She has a bachelor’s degree from Washington University in St. Louis.
- Securian Financial Group Inc., St. Paul, Minn, has promoted three offices.
Kathleen Pinkett was promoted to senior vice president, human resources and corporate services, from vice president, human resources and corporate services.
Mark Baltes was promoted to vice president technical services, from second vice president; and Nancy Swanson was promoted to vice president and corporate compliance officer, from second vice president.
- Ameritas Life Insurance Corp., a unit of UNIFI Mutual Holding Company, Lincoln, Neb., has hired David Robertson to be a manager of broker relationships and sales in Texas and New Mexico.
Robertson, who will be based in Dallas, holds the Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist and Accredited Retirement Plan Consultant professional designations.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Daniel Friel to be a third-party administrator relationship manager for the East region,
Friel, who is based in Boston, previously was a relationship manager in institutional sales with Daily Access Corp., Mobile, Ala.
- Professional Capital Services L.L.C., Philadelphia, a retirement plan recordkeeping service, has hired John Resnick to be director of advisor development.
Resnick has been and will continue to be director of advisor development for The Advisor Lab L.L.C., Philadelphia, a technology and training firm.
- Allison Bell
Other personnel changes columns from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: Aetna, ACLI, Great West, DTCC
- Personnel Changes: PIAA, Aetna, Arizona Blue, Symetra
- Personnel Changes: Nippon Life, Great-West, Lockton, Cohen Milstein
- Personnel Changes: Prudential, Aviva, Lincoln Financial, Triple-S
- Personnel Changes: MetLife, Lincoln Financial, Resource Intermediaries