The Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation (OFIR) has hired Teri Morante to be a senior deputy commissioner.
Morante will oversee OFIR’s consumer services, licensing and product review policy divisions.
Morante previously was assistant vice president for regulatory and government affairs at Citizens Insurance Company, Howell, Mich.
Morante has a bachelor’s degree from Western Michigan University.
In other personnel news:
- CIGNA Corp., Philadelphia (NYSE:CI), has hired Ralph Nicoletti to be executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Nicoletti previously was executive vice president and chief financial officer at Alberto-Culver Inc., Chicago.
Nicoletti has a bachelor’s and master’s degree from Pace University. He will succeed Thomas McCarthy, who will assume the position of vice president of finance.
- ING Insurance U.S., New York, a unit of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam (NYSE:ING), has hired Maliz Beams to be chief executive officer of ING Retirement.
Beams previously was president of individual and institutional services at Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association-College Retirement Equities Fund (TIAA-CREF), New York.
Beams has a bachelor’s degree from Boston College and a master’s degree from Columbia University.
- Aetna Inc., Hartford (NYSE:AET), has hired Craig Gray to be head of return-to-work solutions for Aetna disability and absence management.
Gray previously was vice president of return to life programs at the disability unit at Prudential Financial Inc., Newark, N.J. (NYSE:PRU), Newark, N.J.
- American United Life Insurance Company, Indianapolis, a unit of OneAmerica Financial Partners Inc., has hired Chris Blair to be regional sales director for retirement services for Northern California and Pacific Northwest.
Blair previously worked in the San Francisco retirement and investment services office of Principal Financial Group Inc., Des Moines, Iowa (NYSE:PFG).
Blair has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of New Hampshire and a master’s degree from Clark University.
- Securian Financial Group Inc., St. Paul, Minn., has promoted four attorneys and named Mike Steinert to be chief legal officer for a Securian subsidiary.
Donna Arbisi and Mark Geldernick will be assistant general counsels.
Cathy Kilmek and Keri O’Brien will be senior counsels.
Other personnel changes columns from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: Hartford, National Life, USAA Life, Se2, Starr, Conning, Catalyst
- Personnel Changes: New York Life, Towers Watson, Griffin Financial, SIA, CBTV
- Personnel Changes: Allianz, W&S Financial Group, American United, Deloitte, Venable
- Personnel Changes: IAIS, Security Benefit, Allianz Life, Symetra, Lockton, RBC
- Personnel Changes: Nationwide, MassMutual, Towers Watson, Others