The Michigan Office of Financial and Insurance Regulation (OFIR) has hired Ann Flood to be the chief deputy commissioner.
Flood will oversee the Michigan OFIR office of general counsel, health plans division, and supervisory affairs and insurance monitoring division.
Flood previously was chief operating officer of American Physicians Capital Inc., East Lansing, Mich., a medical professional liability insurer.
Flood is a lawyer and a registered nurse. She has a bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University of Michigan and a law degree from Wayne State University.
In other personnel news:
- Lincoln Financial Distributors Inc., a unit of Lincoln National Corp., Radnor, Pa. (NYSE:LNC), has hired Jacqueline O’Connor to be a West Coast relationship manager for the institutional retirement solutions distribution consultant channel
O’Connor previously was a relationship manager at Transamerica Retirement Management Inc., San Francisco, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands (NYSE:AEG).
O’Connor has a bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of Massachusetts and a master’s degree in financial planning from Golden Gate University.
- The Symetra Life Insurance Company unit of Symetra Financial Corp., Bellevue, Wash. (NYSE:SYA), has hired Brent Martonik to be vice president and director of capital markets pricing in the company’s retirement division.
Martonik previously helped run Surema Inc., Seattle, a risk management consulting firm he co-founded. Before that, he worked for Safeco Corp., Seattle.
Martonik has a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from the University of Washington. He is a fellow of the Society of Actuaries and a member of the American Academy of Actuaries.
- Blue Shield of California, San Francisco, has hired Steve Shivinsky to be vice president of corporate communications. Shivinsky previously was vice president of corporate communications for Trinity Health, Novi, Mich.
- Transamerica Worksite Marketing, Little Rock, Ark., a unit of AEGON, has hired John Stanley to be senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
Stanley previously was practice leader at Innotech Benefit Solutions, Chicago, a unit of Willis Group Holdings P.L.C., London.
- Avalere Health L.L.C., Washington, a health data analysis firm, has hired Jennifer Rak to be a senior manager in the health reform practice.
Rak previously was a federal programs and health policy specialist at America’s Health Insurance Plans, Washington.
Rak has a bachelor’s degree in biology from Reed College, a law degree from Case Western University and a master’s degree in public health from Emory University.
Avalere also has hired Oladayo Jagun to be senior manager in the evidence-based management. Practice. He previously was a senior clinical solutions analyst at Resolution Health Inc., a unit of WellPoint Inc., Indianapolis (NYSE:WLP). Jagun has a medical degree from the University of Lagos and a master’s degree in public health from Harvard University.
- Allison Bell
Other personnel changes columns from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: Hartford, National Life, USAA Life, Se2, Starr, Conning, Catalyst
- Personnel Changes: New York Life, Towers Watson, Griffin Financial, SIA, CBTV
- Personnel Changes: Allianz, W&S Financial Group, American United, Deloitte, Venable
- Personnel Changes: IAIS, Security Benefit, Allianz Life, Symetra, Lockton, RBC
- Personnel Changes: Nationwide, MassMutual, Towers Watson, Others