Lizabeth Zlatkus will be retiring from her post as executive vice president and chief risk officer at Hartford Financial Services Group Inc. by the end of the year, the company says.
Hartford Financial, Hartford (NYSE:HIG), will conduct an internal and external search for Zlatkus’ successor, the company says.
Zlatkus, 51, has been working for Hartford since 1983. She has been active in efforts to expand the disability insurance market and return-to-work programs. In 1999, she was a member of the President’s Committee on Employment of People with Disabilities.
In other personnel news:
- The National Life Group, Montpelier, Vt., has added former Gov. James Douglas to its board.
Douglas was governor of Vermont from 2003 until earlier this year. Before that, he served 12 years as Vermont’s secretary of state and 8 years as its treasurer.
Douglass is now executive in residence at Middlebury College.
- USAA Life Insurance Company, a subsidiary of the United Services Automobile Association, San Antonio, has named Jeff Nordstrom chief actuary and senior vice president.
Nordstrom succeeds Russ Evenson, who is retiring.
Nordstrom previously was chief risk officer for the financial advice and solutions group at USAA.
Nordstrom has a bachelor’s degree in actuarial science from the University of Illinois.
He holds the fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst professional designations.
- Se2 Inc., Topeka, Kan., an insurance technology company, has hired Ryan Johnson to be vice president, strategic business development.
- Starr Indemnity & Liability Company, a unit of Starr Companies, New York, has hired John Scully to be business development manager for Starr Accident & Health, Consumer Markets.
Scully previously was vice president of business development at BryanMark Financial Group Inc., St. Louis. He also has been a lineman for the Atlanta Falcons football team.
- Conning & Company, Hartford, has hired Jung Lee to be chief financial officer.
Lee previously was an advisor at SFRi L.L.C., San Francisco.
He succeeds Tom Forella, who has become Conning’s director of corporate finance.
Lee has a bachelor’s degree in economics from the University of Pennsylvania business school.
- Catalyst Health Solutions Inc., Rockville, Md. (Nasdaq:CHSI), a pharmacy benefits manager (PBM), has hired several executives to help integrate a PBM unit acquired from Walgreen Company, Deerfield, Ill. (NYSE:WAG).
The new managers include Wayne Dix, senior vice president of operations and business transformation; Babette Edgar, president of government services; and Richard Keane, president of the employer segment.
- Allison Bell
Other personnel changes columns from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: New York Life, Towers Watson, Griffin Financial, SIA, CBTV
- Personnel Changes: Allianz, W&S Financial Group, American United, Deloitte, Venable
- Personnel Changes: IAIS, Security Benefit, Allianz Life, Symetra, Lockton, RBC
- Personnel Changes: Nationwide, MassMutual, Towers Watson, Others
- Personnel Changes: Northwestern Mutual, National Life, Standard, ING, Curian, Securian, CNO, Custom Disability, Longfellow, Wolters Kluwer