The International Association of Insurance Supervisors (IAIS) has hired George Brady to be a deputy secretary general.
Brady has manager for international relations in the Washington office of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), Kansas City, Mo., according to the IAIS, Basel, Switzerland.
Before going to work for the NAIC, Brady was an assistant general counsel at the Reinsurance Association of America, Washington.
Brady has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Duke University and a law degree from Tulane University. He spent two years working as a teacher in Madrid.
In other personnel news:
- Security Benefit Corp., New York, has hired a number of new investment and insurance regional directors for the personal retirement savings group.
The new regional directors are Brian Graime, David Rabin, Marcello Cosentino, Trey Hancock, Terike Novak, Gordon Miller, Bill Evans and Todd Nelson.
- Symetra Life Insurance Company, a unit of Symetra Financial Corp., Bellevue, Wash., has hired Louis Mastellone to be the eastern division sales manager of life and retirement sales.
Mastellone’s past work experiences include: divisional vice president for the east coast region at Genworth Financial , Richmond, Va. and regional vice president for GE Financial, Fairfield, Conn.
Symetra also has hired a number of regional vice presidents. The new regional vice presidents are
Michael Butt, Mark Eberhart, Brock Lansdale, Marc McDaniels, Ben Pintaric, Mark Prazak, Kevin Rooney, and Jesse Saenz.
- Allianz Life Insurance Company of North America, Golden Valley, Minn., a unit of Allianz S.E., Munich, Germany, has promoted Brian Muench to vice president of investments.
Muench previously was vice president of asset manager selection.
Muench has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Northern Iowa and a master’s degree from Drake University. He holds the Chartered Financial Analyst designation.
- Lockton Companies Inc., Kansas City, Mo., has hired four benefits consultants for its San Jose, Calif., office and one for its Washington office.
Linda Wieck will be a senior vice president in the San Francisco office and the unit manager. Wieck previously was senior vice president at Aon Corp., Chicago (NYSE:AON). She has a bachelor’s degree in management from the University of Redlands.
Travis Dutton, the new consultant in Washington, will advise companies on retirement plans and executive business strategies.
Dutton previously was a regional vice president in the Bethesda, Md., office of Principal Financial Group Inc. (NYSE:PFG).
- RBC Capital Markets, New York, a unit of the Royal Bank of Canada, Toronto (NYSE:RY), has hired Eric Berg to be managing director for U.S. life insurance and asset management industry research.
Berg previously was head of the global insurance research team at Barclays Capital Inc., New York.
Other personnel changes columns from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: Nationwide, MassMutual, Towers Watson, Others
- Personnel Changes: Northwestern Mutual, National Life, Standard, ING, Curian, Securian, CNO, Custom Disability, Longfellow, Wolters Kluwer
- Personnel Changes: Jackson National, ING, Allianz Life, Mutual of Omaha, Transamerica, CBIZ, Wolters Kluwer, PHX
- Personnel Changes: New York Life, Word & Brown, Hartford, Lincoln, Securian, Humana, ExamOne, Chadbourne, EisenerAmper
- Personnel Changes: Hartford, AIG, Transamerica, Great-West, Starr, Futurity, Willis, PHX