The Marketing Alliance, headed by President Timothy M. Klusas (pictured), recently announced financial results for its fiscal third quarter, ended Dec. 31, 2010.
“We are pleased with this quarter’s results,” Klusas said. “As distributors utilized more of the company’s services, we saw growth in revenues, operating income and net income, as well as expansion in our margins. I can’t write enough complimentary statements about our distributors to articulate our admiration and high regard for their professionalism, but I think our results speak to how our customers finished the calendar year during a difficult and uncertain time.”
A few third-quarter highlights from the release:
- Operating income increased to $916,608; operating margin improved to 14.8%.
- Revenues of $6,179,069 increased 22.9% from the same period in FY 2010.
- Net income was $902,681, or $0.47 per share, compared to $161,693, or $0.08 per share, in the prior-year period.
- The company paid a $0.34 per share cash dividend on Dec. 15, 2010, to shareholders of record at Nov. 15, 2010.
- Net operating revenue (gross profit) for the quarter grew 74.1% to $1,743,102, which compares to net operating revenue of $1,001,394 in the prior-year fiscal period. The company’s gross profit margins improved to 28% from 20% in the prior-year period.
The company’s balance sheet at Dec. 31, 2010, reflected cash and cash equivalents of $3.5 million, working capital of $6.6 million, and shareholders’ equity of $7.6 million; compared to $3.8 million, $6.2 million, and $6.7 million, respectively, at March 31, 2010.
More investor information can be accessed through the shareholder section of the company’s Web site at www.themarketingalliance.com/si_who.cfm.