Coalition Includes Numerous Education, Advocacy and Industry Leaders
Mark your calendar for National Retirement Planning Week(R) (NRPW) 2011, April 11-15. NRPW is sponsored by The National Retirement Planning Coalition — a group of prominent financial industry, education and advocacy organizations that have joined together to raise public awareness of the need for comprehensive retirement planning.
The National Retirement Planning Week(R) events include:
- April 11: EBRI President and CEO Dallas Salisbury hosts a webinar on consumer retirement readiness, leveraging data from EBRI’s 2011 Retirement Confidence Survey.
- April 12: IRI President and CEO Cathy Weatherford moderates a media forum with industry leaders on evolving perceptions of risk management in the insured retirement market. New IRI research on Boomers and retirement will be released onsite as well.
- April 13: IRI hosts a practice management webinar for financial advisors.
- April 14: The Aspen Institute hosts a Washington, D.C.-based roundtable on retirement issues.
- April 15: The Coalition releases a client-approved tip-sheet for financial advisors on how consumers can formulate a plan for lifelong financial retirement health.
National Retirement Planning Week(R) is sponsored by The National Retirement Planning Coalition — a group of prominent financial industry, education and advocacy organizations that have joined together to raise public awareness of the need for comprehensive retirement planning. The Coalition is headed by the IRI, and includes the American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI), Americans for Secure Retirement (ASR), Center for Retirement Research at Boston College, Defined Contribution Institutional Investment Association (DCIIA), Employee Benefit Research Institute (EBRI), Financial Services Forum, Financial Services Institute (FSI), Financial Services Roundtable (FSR), National Association of Fixed Annuities (NAFA), NICSA, Retirement Income Industry Association (RIIA), The American College, The Aspen Institute Initiative on Financial Security (Aspen IFS) and Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement (WISER).
The Coalition recognizes that the need to educate Americans on retirement planning is an ongoing effort and is committed to making this a national priority. The National Retirement Planning Week(R) and other coalition activities will demonstrate that it is possible to “Retire On Your Terms” if comprehensive retirement plans are properly developed and managed. To support these education efforts, the coalition maintains a year-round website – www.retireonyourterms.org – offering resources to both consumers and financial professionals alike, in order to help them stay focused on long-term financial goals.