Email marketing is a valuable tool for any financial advisor, but it is important to be aware of email marketing etiquette to prevent being perceived as a spammer and turning off clients. Here are some important tips:
- Always get permission. Every client on your email list should be there willingly. You also need to have a clear unsubscribe link on every email that you send out, so clients on your list have the option to unsubscribe and stop receiving information.
- Focus on your subject line. Use client feedback, social media and Internet research to find out what your clients are talking about related to your industry. By observing the lingo and conversations your clients have on Facebook and Twitter, you can use that client language in your email subject line. This way, your email subject line will relate directly to your clients and how they speak, making them much less likely to delete your email marketing campaign as spam.
- Clean your email list often. Clients may have changed their email addresses or even their interests, so make certain you clean your email subscriber list often, so it is current and up to date. This prevents your email campaign from being blocked by spam filters, bounced back or simply deleted by clients who aren’t interested.
- Don’t email false information. Make sure your email campaign is straightforward, to the point and honest about what your company offers. Clients are easily turned off by spam online, so make certain every word in your email campaign is truthful to facilitate trust and loyalty.
When you focus on avoiding spam when reaching out to your clients via email, it is much more likely your email campaign will spur your clients to take action, visit your website and find out more about your services.
Sign up for The Lead and get a new tip in your inbox every day!
- Fixed indexed annuities: Working the flexibility angle
- Advisor networking: 5 ways to go from good to great
- 5 things salespeople do that irk decision-makers
Bethany Ramos focuses on Internet and social media marketing, and she also co-owns her own e-commerce website, The Coffee Bump. For a great selection of Bunn coffee makers, check out Bethany Ramos’ website today.