Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company has hired Joan Eisenhart to be vice president – human resources.
Eisenhart previously was senior vice president – human resources at Pfizer Inc., New York. She succeeds Susan Lueger, who retired from Northwestern Mutual in July 2010.
Eisenhart has a bachelor’s degree in chemistry from the University of Illinois, a doctorate in inorganic chemistry from the University of Wisconsin, and a doctorate in human and organizational development from the Fielding Graduate University.
In other personnel news:
- National Life Group, Montpelier, Vt., has promoted Don Messier to vice president and treasurer, from vice president for finance, strategic planning and independent distribution.
Messier has a bachelor’s degree in business and a master’s degree in business from the University of Vermont. He holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation.
- Standard Insurance Company, a unit of StanCorp Financial Group Inc., Portland, Ore. (NYSE:SFG), has hired Michael Klachefsky to be national practice leader at its Workplace Possibilities business.
Klachefsky previously was a national absence management leader at Mercer, a unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies Inc., New York (NYSE:MMC).
Klachefsky has a bachelor’s degree from Wayne State University. He holds the Certified Employment Training Specialist professional designation.
- ING, Windsor, Conn., a unit of ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam (NYSE:ING), has hired Orlando Cruz to be president of the individual retirement investor channel.
Cruz previously was the head of the internal retirement consultant program for the retail retirement group at Wells Fargo & Company, San Francisco (NYSE:WFC).
Cruz has a bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Miami. He is member of the membership committee at the Insured Retirement Institute, Washington.
- Curian Capital L.L.C., Denver, a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London (NYSE:PUK), has hired Mike Petko to be divisional vice president for the East region.
Petko previously was executive vice president and national sales manager for Transamerica Capital, a unit of Aegon N.V., The Hague, Netherland (NYSE:AEG).
Petko was a football player at the University of Nebraska and an NFL draft selection of the New England Patriots.
- Securian Financial Group Inc., St. Paul, Minn., has promoted Marshal Urbanz to senior key account manager for retail financial product distribution from key account manager.
He holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Wisconsin-Platteville.
- CNO Financial Group Inc., Carmel, Ind. (NYSE:CNO), has hired John Bradley to be vice president, product management, Medicare markets.
Bradley previously was vice president, actuary and director at Combined Insurance Company,
Bradley has a bachelor’s degree in actuarial science from the University of Wisconsin. He holds the fellow of the Society of Actuaries and Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation.
- Custom Disability Solutions, South Portland, Maine, has hired David Mitchell to be senior vice president and chief marketing officer.
Mitchell previously worked for Disability RMS, Westbrook, Maine.
Mitchell has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Maine. He holds the Chartered Life Underwriter professional designation.
- Longfellow Benefits Inc., Boston, has announced three promotions.
Kevin Gaza was promoted to senior vice president, employee benefits operations, from vice president; Kristie Howard to vice president, client services, large case specialist, from senior consultant; and John Galvin to vice president, client services, from senior consultant.
- Wolters Kluwer Financial Services, Minneapolis, a unit of Wolters Kluwer N.V., Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands, has hired Denise Tessier to be a senior regulatory consultant in the insurance compliance solutions and enterprise risk compliance businesses.
Tessier previously was general counsel and compliance officer at a U.S. unit of Aspen Insurance Holdings Ltd., London.
Tessier has a bachelor’s degree in economics from Providence College and a law degree from the Western New England College School of Law.
- Allison Bell
Other personnel changes columns from National Underwriter Life & Health:
- Personnel Changes: ACLI, LICONY, Ernst, Symetra, Western & Southern, Great-West, Assurant, HighRoads
- Personnel Changes: Symetra, The Marketing Alliance, Evolution, Health Plan One
- Personnel Changes: Prudential, Guardian, Allianz, Transamerica, Crump
- Personnel Changes: AIG, Allianz, Midland National, Summit Re, Ochs
- Personnel Changes: Aetna, Ullico, Securian, Towers Watson, Aon