Sunday saw the launch of “America Saves” and “Military Saves” Week, and the occasion was marked by the Alliance for Investor Education (AIE), a collaboration of multiple institutions and financial trade organizations that includes FINRA, the CFP Board of Standards, NEFE, and AICPA.
AIE has highlighted what it says are the 10 best online wealth-building resources in its week-long collaborative drive to educate the public on investing. Those resources, and the organizations that created them, are:
- Saving Smart for Military Families – FINRA
- Mission Retirement – Employee Benefit Research Institute
- What's Behind Your Financial Decisions? LifeValues Quiz – National Endowment for Financial Education/SmartAboutMoney.org
- Building Capital: Chapter 1 of The Forbes/CFA Institute Investments Course – CFA Institute
- Target Date Retirement Funds – SEC
- Retirement Plan and IRA Limits for 2011 – AICPA
- The ABCs of Saving – Council for Economic Education
- Personal Finance for Military Families – Investor Protection Trust/Investor Protection Institute
- Savings Resources for Consumers - Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System/The Federal Reserve System
- Consumer Guide for Financial Self-Defense- – Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards
Sue Duncan, president of AIE, said in a statement, “Learning to save is an important skill all Americans should have as part of their financial capabilities. Without savings, Americans are unable to take advantage of some of the best tools to grow their wealth, like investments in retirement plans, mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and so on.”
AIE comprisess 14 financial industry groups and 5 governmental and quasi-governmental advisors.