The holiday season can also be a great time to network as well as reach out to prospects and centers of influence. Take advantage of all the opportunities the holidays provide to market your business. Here are just 10 ideas you can use this year.
- Send Christmas, Hanukkah or News Year’s cards to clients, prospects and COIs.
- Host a “holiday open house” in your office and invite clients, their friends and family members, prospects and COIs.
- Become a sponsor of a fundraising gala or event to get your name out in the community while helping a worthy cause.
- Purchase a table at a fundraising gala and invite top clients and prospects to join you.
- Attend a fundraising gala to hobnob with the “who’s who” of your community.
- Send a holiday centerpiece or wreath to your top clients that they can use for their holiday dinner.
- Send a dessert to your top clients for their holiday dinner.
- Send a unique 2011 calendar as a New Year’s gift that clients and prospects will want to keep throughout the year.
- Host a toy or food drive in your office and ask your clients to drop by the office to make a donation.
- Make donations to charities supported by your top clients.
Planning events, registering for fundraisers, ordering cards and buying gifts all take time, so don’t delay. Happy holiday planning!
Kristen Luke is the principal of Wealth Management Marketing, a firm dedicated to providing marketing strategies and support for registered investment advisory firms. Luke works with individual advisors and firms to develop effective marketing plans and her firm provides the back office support required to implement the strategies. For more information, visit www.wealthmanagementmarketing.net.