Mutual of Omaha Insurance Company has named Richard Anderl to be executive vice president and general counsel.
Anderl will succeed Thomas McCusker, who is retiring, according to Mutual of Omaha, Omaha, Neb.
Anderl has been a senior vice president and associate general counsel at Mutual of Omaha. He also served in the U.S. Air Force as a staff attorney assigned to the secretary of the Air Force.
Anderl has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln and a law degree from Creighton University.
In other personnel news:
- AvMed Health Plans, Miami, has named Ed Hannum to be president and chief operating officer.
Hannum has been the managed care company’s acting COO since January.
- Fort Dearborn Life Insurance Company, Chicago, a unit of Health Care Service Corp., has hired Matt Reddy to be vice president of national accounts.
Reddy previously worked in sales at a unit of MetLife Inc., New York.
Reddy has a bachelor’s degree in marketing from Miami University in Ohio.
- HealthMarkets Inc., North Richland Hills, Texas, has hired Steven Erwin to be executive vice president and chief financial officer.
Erwin has been the CFO at Health Net Inc., Woodland Hills, Calif.
Erwin has a bachelor’s degree in accounting and finance from California State University at Los Angeles and a master’s degree in business from the University of Washington. He holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation.
- Mutual of America Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Vincent FitzPatrick III to be vice president and assistant general counsel.
FitzPatrick previously was corporate counsel with Wyeth Inc., Madison, N.J.
FitzPatrick has a bachelor’s degree from Vassar College and a law degree from Hofstra University.
- Great-West Retirement Services, Greenwood Village, Colo., a unit of Power Corp. of Canada, Montreal, has hired Andy Hermann to be the sales director for the region that includes Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties in Southern California, and Edmund Fuentes to be the regional sales director for central and west Texas.
- Summit Reinsurance Services Inc., Fort Wayne, Ind., has hired Greg Demars to be vice president, actuarial and underwriting.
Demars previously was executive vice president of HCC Life Insurance Company, a unit of HCC Insurance Holdings Inc., Houston.
Summit Re works as a management underwriter for Swiss Reinsurance Company, Zurich.