New World Marketing Inc., a financial services executive search firm, has hired Arnold Dicke to be president of its actuarial, financial and specialty consulting practice.
Dicke previously was a senior manager in the actuarial practice in the New York office of KPMG L.L.P.
Dicke has served on the boards of the American Academy of Actuaries, Washington, and the Society of Actuaries, Schaumburg, Ill.
Dicke has a bachelor’s degree from Harvard University and a master’s degree in mathematical physics from Princeton University. He is a fellow of the SOA.
In other personnel news:
- Massachusetts Mutual Life Insurance Company, Springfield, Mass., has promoted Sheldon Francis to vice president and assistant general counsel in the law division’s investment law group.
Francis, who works in an office in Charlotte, N.C., has been specializing in structuring and closing collateralized debt obligation transactions, hedge fund transactions, and syndicated bank loan purchases.
- Mutual of America Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Jeffrey Angelo to be senior vice president of corporate finance.
Angelo previously was the chief examiner at the New York State Insurance Department.
Angelo has a bachelor’s degree from Herbert H. Lehman College. He holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation.
- StanCorp Financial Group Inc., Portland, Ore., has hired Floyd Chadee to be senior vice president and chief financial officer of StanCorp and the company’s Standard Insurance Company subsidiary.
Chadee previously was chief financial officer of Assurant Employee Benefits, Kansas City, Mo., a unit of Assurant Inc., New York.
Chadee has a doctorate in operations research from Stanford University. He is a fellow of the SOA.
- Allstate Workplace Division, Jacksonville, Fla., a unit of the Allstate Corp., Northbrook, Ill., has named W. Wayne Watkins executive vice president of sales and distribution.
Watkins previously was president of CBIZ Worksite Services at CBIZ Inc., Cleveland.
Watkins holds the Registered Health Underwriter professional designation. He is a member of the Workplace Benefits Association Hall of Fame, Twinsburg, Ohio.
- Symetra Financial Corp., Bellevue, Wash., has promoted Michael Fry to senior vice president of the group division, from vice president.
The division sells disability insurance, limited medical benefit plans and medical stop-loss insurance for self-insured employee health plans.
- Amalgamated Life Insurance Company, New York, has hired Gabriel Vonleh to be vice president of operations for fund administration and membership services.
Vonleh previously was enrollment and premium billing director at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Providence, R.I.
- M Financial Group, Portland, Ore., an insurance marketing consortium, has promoted JoNell Hermanson to be president of the company’s wealth management division.
Hermanson previously was vice president of sales support.
Hermanson has a bachelor’s degree in finance from Oregon State University.
- Securian Retirement Distributors, a unit of Minnesota Mutual Insurance Companies Inc., St. Paul, Minn., has hired Jason Newmark to be national accounts manager for the Southern territory, which includes Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas.
Newmark has a bachelors’ degree from the University of Delaware.
- Skywire Software L.L.C., Frisco, Texas, has promoted Ken Leibow to senior vice president of product development, from vice president, and it has named Sherry Johnson vice president of content services.