UNIFI Companies, Lincoln, Neb., has announced that the momentum created by the merger in 2006 — the first year Ameritas Life, Acacia Life, Union Central Life, and their affiliates joined forces — continued into 2007 with strong financial results from its diversified insurance and financial services businesses.
UNIFI Mutual Holding Company financial highlights compared to prior year:
- Revenues were $1.9 billion, up 6%
- Assets under management increased to nearly $37 billion, up 10%
- Pretax net income was $234 million, down slightly
- Combined assets reached $18 billion, up 4%
- Equity was $2.2 billion, up nearly 5%
- Claims and payments to policyholders totaled $2 billion. These payments consisted of death, disability, dental, and eye care payments, as well as annuity and other contractual obligations.
For a recap of UNIFI Companies financial results, view the UNIFI Companies 2007 Annual Report at www.UNIFIcompanies.com.