United Concordia Companies Inc. has named Daniel Lebish to be chairman and chief executive officer.
Lebish will succeed Thomas Dzuryachko, who is retiring, according to United Concordia, Harrisburg, Pa., a dental insurer affiliated with Highmark Inc., Pittsburgh.
Lebish has been and will remain chairman of Highmark’s HM Insurance Group.
Lebish has a bachelor’s degree in business administration from St. Norbert College and a master’s degree in health administration from Ohio State University.
In other personnel news:
- Jackson National Life Insurance Company, Lansing, Mich., a unit of Prudential P.L.C., London, has promoted Doug Townsend to be senior vice president and chief financial officer of its Jackson National Life Distributors L.L.C. and Curian Capital L.L.C. subsidiaries.
Townsend previously was controller of the companies, which are based in Denver.
Townsend has a bachelor’s degree from Ball State University. He holds the Certified Public Accountant professional designation
- The National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, Falls Church, Va., has hired Lee Allen to be vice president of communications and marketing.
Allen previously was vice president of communications at the National Council For Adoption, Washington.
- The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, Washington, has hired T. Timothy Ryan Jr. to be chief executive officer.
Ryan previously was vice chairman of investment banking for financial institutions and governments at JPMorgan Chase & Company, New York.
- AXA Equitable Life Insurance Company, New York, has promoted Anthony Sages to chief sales officer of the AXA Advisors L.L.C. retail distribution unit.
Sages previously was president of AXA Advisors’ northern division.
Sages has a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree in business from the University of Tennessee.
- ING Groep N.V., Amsterdam, has hired Randy Kemnitz to be manager of executive benefits with its Minneapolis-based life sales support team.
Kemnitz previously was communications director at Clark Inc., North Barrington, Ill.
Clark has a bachelor’s degree in management from the University of Wisconsin.
He holds the Certified Financial Planner professional designation.
- Hartford Life, Simsbury, Conn., a unit of Hartford Financial Services Group Inc., Hartford, has promoted John DiPierro to vice president of national accounts.
DiPierro previously was a regional vice president.
DiPierro has a bachelor’s degree from the University of Maine.
- Imagine Group Holdings Ltd., Hamilton, Bermuda, has hired Wayne Bidelman to be managing director of life and health reinsurance.
Bidelman previously worked for Transamerica Reinsurance, a unit of AEGON N.V., The Hague, Netherlands.
Imagine also has hired Rick Hodgdon and Graham Mackay to handle reinsurance sales in the United States.
- MetLife Inc., New York, has named Ruth Fattori to be executive vice president and chief administrative officer and Maria Morris to be executive vice president and head of technology and operations.
Fattori and Morris are taking over functions that were held by Catherine Rein, MetLife’s chief administrative officer, who is retiring in March.
Fattori previously was executive vice president of human resources at Motorola Inc., Schaumburg, Ill.
Morris has been executive vice president for employee benefits sales at MetLife’s institutional business segment.
- FMH Benefit Services Inc., Overland Park, Kan., a unit of CoreSource Inc., Lake Forest, Ill., has picked Ben Frisch to be its new president.
Frisch has been vice president of sales and marketing at FMH.
- Saul Ewing L.L.P., Princeton, N.J., has brought in M. Paige Barry as a partner.
Barry, who previously was a partner in the Princeton office of Reed Smith L.L.P., will focus on insurance law.