For Divorcing Women, Becoming Financially Knowledgeable Is Crucial
More older women are getting divorced, and if they have delegated financial decision making to their spouses, they need to raise their financial knowledge fast.
Simple Survey Divines Investor Sentiment
A German research firm has learned much about investor behavior by asking the same questions over and over again.
Be Sensitive—Especially With Minority Families’ Cultural Differences
Demographers speculate that at some not-too-distant point, minorities will become a majority in the U.S. This means advisors are more likely to face cultural differences that will affect the plans they create for clients.
What Advisors Should Know About 80% of American Families
Married parents with children now represent only 20% of families. Here's what advisors should know to serve blended families, single-parent families and other "nontraditional" clients.
Doctors Need More Financial Literacy, Too
Obamacare is hitting doctors where it hurts: not only in their pockets, but also with red tape, which saps their time to become financially savvy.
The Modern Family 80/20 Rule
While most wealth may be concentrated in the 20% of American families that are "traditionally" structured, it is increasingly spreading to the other 80%.
What Makes Sequence of Returns Risk So Dangerous
We recently advised readers of an obvious but overlooked retirement risk—what retirement planner Dirk Cotton calls sequence of consumption risk.
Avoid Assumptions—Especially About Family Members’ Roles
In modern families, the decision makers may not be who you assume they are.
Financial Illiteracy: The Local Solution
Pershing Advisor Solutions CEO Mark Tibergien, worried about the lack of financial literacy, did something quite personal about it.
U.S. Investors Think Locally, Data Shows
A report by Openfolio, a platform where investors share portfolio philosophies and contents, shows which industries are most popular among investors in various regions.