NEW YORK – May 12, 2017 – ALM’s Investment Advisor, the leading publication for independent and independent-minded investment advisors and financial planners, has announced the 15th annual IA 25: the 25 most influential people affecting the advisor community.
This year’s list includes a new group of individuals chosen by advisors – the 2017 IA 25 Readers’ Choice, which features 10 people in the industry identified by readers for their influence on the business of financial advice. The IA 25 ranking, profiles and Readers’ Choice list appear in the May issue of Investment Advisor and can be found online here: http://www.thinkadvisor.com/2017/05/01/frontrunners-the-2017-ia-25
Investment Advisor’s editorial staff selected 15 honorees based on the positive impact they have had and will continue to have on investing, practice management, technology, psychology, regulation and compliance. Readers selected 10 individuals with a variety of backgrounds.
“From the White House to the broker-dealer offices where advisors work, individuals with a wide range of expertise influence everything from policy decisions that shape the brokerage business to how registered reps communicate with widowed clients,” said Janet Levaux, Editor-in-Chief of Investment Advisor. “We are pleased to highlight both industry leaders who give advisors valuable insights on how to best grow their practices and the varied group of VIPs picked by our publication’s readers for their impact on the business of advice.”
The 2017 IA 25 list includes:
- Mark Tibergien, Pershing Advisor Solutions
- Warren Buffett, Berkshire Hathaway
- John Bogle, founder of Vanguard and considered by many to be the “father” of the index fund
- Skip Schweiss, head of advisor advocacy at TD Ameritrade Institutional
- Charles Schwab, founder of the firm that brought discount brokerage services to average investors
- Harry Markowitz, creator of Modern Portfolio Theory, on which most investment portfolios are based
- Ben Bernanke, former chairman of the Federal Reserve who headed the bank during the Great Recession
- Michael Kitces, advisor and industry observer who co-founded the XY Planning Network of fee-only advisors focused on serving Gen X and Gen Y clients
- Chris Dodd and Barney Frank, co-authors of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act
- Bernie Madoff, mastermind of the largest Ponzi scheme in history
Regulators and Lawmakers
- Donald Trump, White House
- Alexander Acosta, Department of Labor
- Jay Clayton, Securities and Exchange Commission
- Robert Cook, FINRA
- Jeb Hensarling, House Financial Services Committee
Advisor Partners and Industry Leaders
- Dan Arnold, LPL Financial
- Ron Carson, Carson Group
- Joe Duran, United Capital
- Ric Edelman, Edelman Financial Services
- Amy Webber, Cambridge Investment Research
- Andrew Ng, Stanford University
- Larry Fink, BlackRock
- Amy Florian, Corgenius
- Clara Shih, Hearsay Systems
- Jon Stein, Betterment
About Investment Advisor and the Investment Advisor Group
With a circulation of 120,000, Investment Advisor is now in its 37th year of serving independent and independent-minded investment advisors and financial planners across the United States through its monthly magazine and online at ThinkAdvisor.com. The Investment Advisor Group of ALM consistently produces the premier digital and print news, analysis and resources that the community of professional financial advice-givers needs to serve clients, stay compliant and maximize growth.
ALM, an information and intelligence company, provides customers with critical news, data, analysis, marketing solutions and events to successfully manage the business of business.
Customers use ALM solutions to discover new ideas and approaches for solving business challenges, connect to the right professionals and peers to create relationships that move business forward, and compete to win through access to data, analytics and insight. ALM serves a community of over 6 million business professionals seeking to discover, connect and compete in highly complex industries. Please visit www.alm.com for more information, and visit www.alm.com/events/ to learn about our upcoming events. Please follow us on Twitter at @ALMMedia.