Investment Advisor Reveals The ‘Most Influential’ People in the Investment Advisory World
Exclusive interviews and insights available in the May issue of Investment Advisor and
online throughout the month on ThinkAdvisor.com
NEW YORK, April 28, 2014 – Investment Advisor, the leading publication for independent and independent-minded investment advisors and financial planners, has announced the 12th annual IA 25: the 25 most influential people in and around the advisor community. Investment Advisor’s editors selected these honorees for the impact they have had and will continue to have on investing, practice management, technology and the regulatory universe in which all advisors operate.
Is Mary Jo White, chair of the Securities and Exchange Commission, important to advisors? “You bet, and she talked to Washington Bureau Chief Melanie Waddell for our May issue,” said Jamie Green, Investment Advisor editor-in-chief. “The willingness of IA honorees to share their insights with our readers reflects the significance not just of the IA 25 itself, but more importantly the value of advisors to money managers, regulators and legislators, software providers and the overall markets.”
A clear theme that emerged during the editors’ deliberations for the IA 25 was that this might be the year when the fiduciary issue is addressed in a significant and perhaps final way by the SEC and the Department of Labor. That’s why key regulators in Washington are on the list, but also recognized are advocates for advisors and their clients, the consumer. Leaders of key advisor partner firms are on the list as well, since they are facilitators of advisors’ success, as are thought leaders within and outside the industry. As always, the editors chose to honor some advisors as well, since this is a profession that highly values the advice and good examples of their peers.
The IA 25 profiles will appear in the May issue of Investment Advisor. More complete profiles of the 12th Annual IA 25 honorees will be available throughout May on ThinkAdvisor.com.
This year’s IA 25 Honorees are:
Regulators, Legislators & Advocates
- Andrew Ceresney, Securities and Exchange Commission
- Thomas Perez, Department of Labor
- Barbara Roper, Consumer Federation of America
- Knut Rostad, The Fiduciary Institute; Rembert Pendleton & Jackson
- Skip Schweiss, TD Ameritrade Institutional
- Janet Yellen, Federal Reserve Board
- Mary Jo White, Securities and Exchange Commission
Advisor Partners & Associations
- Dale Brown, Financial Services Institute
- Bernie Clark, Schwab Advisor Services
- Tom Nally, TD Ameritrade Institutional
- Nicholas Schorsch, American Realty Capital
- Dan Skiles, Shareholders Service Group
- Mark Tibergien, Pershing Advisor Solutions
Thought Leaders, Pioneers & Gadflys
- Caleb Brown, New Planner Recruiting
- Josh Brown, The Reformed Broker
- Joel Bruckenstein and Dave Drucker, T3
- Harold Evensky and Deena Katz, Evensky & Katz Wealth Management; Texas Tech University
- Michael Kitces, XY Planning Network
- Sallie Krawcheck, 85 Broads
- Tom Giachetti, Stark & Stark
- Amy Webber, Cambridge Investment Research
Investment Gurus & Academics
- Michael Finke, Texas Tech University
- Bill Gross, PIMCO
- Wade Pfau, The American College
- Liz Ann Sonders, Charles Schwab & Co.
About Investment Advisor
With a circulation of 100,000 Investment Advisor is now in its 34th year of serving independent and independent-minded investment advisors and financial planners across the United States through its monthly magazine and online at ThinkAdvisor.com. Investment Advisor and ThinkAdvisor.com are part of the Investment Advisory Group of Summit Professional Networks, which also includes Research magazine.
About Summit Professional Networks
Summit Professional Networks supports the growth and vitality of the insurance, financial services and legal communities by arming professionals with the knowledge and education they need to succeed at every stage of their careers. We provide face-to-face and digital events, websites, mobile sites and apps, online information services, and magazines giving professionals multi-platform access to our critical resources, including Professional Development; Education & Certification; Prospecting & Data Tools; Industry News & Analysis; Reference Tools and Services; and Community Networking Opportunities.
Using all of our resources across each community we serve, we deliver measurable ROI for our sponsors through a range of turnkey services, including Research, Content Development, Integrated Media, Creative & Design, and Lead Generation.
For more information, go to www.summitpronets.com.
# # #
James J. Green
Editorial Director, Investment Advisor Group
Summit Professional Networks