GuideStar last week rolled out enhancements to its online GuideStar Premium tool that should increase the ability of donors and their advisors to analyze information about nonprofit organizations.
The new enhancements, in addition to the standard financial, compensation and board information Premium currently delivers, will allow users to download data on revenue and expenses; balance sheets; officers, directors and key employees; highest paid employees for up to the five most recent fiscal years; and board data for the most recent year.
As well, users will be able to create custom reports, graphs and presentations.
“These enhancements to GuideStar Premium were made based on feedback from customers who told us they wanted to be able to slice, dice and refactor our high quality nonprofit data for presentations to clients, boards, executive committees, prospects and other key stakeholders,” Pamela Jowdy, senior product manager at GuideStar, said in a statement. “We are happy to deliver all of these options.”
Other GuideStar Premium updates include:
- Search by total assets and total expenses, rather than just income
- Define a customized—rather than predefined—range for income, total assets and total expenses searches
- Use negative values to search for underperforming organizations
- View new information when comparing organizations—board chairman, fiscal year dates, number of employees and links to affiliated organizations have all been added to the benchmarking tool
- Build benchmarking comparison grids and export them into Excel-compatible files.
GuideStar provides information on the programs and finances of more than 1.8 million IRS-recognized nonprofits, the organization said in the statement. Subscribers to its services inside and outside the nonprofit sector include individual donors, nonprofit leaders, grantmakers, government officials, academic researchers and the media.