More On Tax Planningfrom The Advisor's Professional Library
- Selected Provisions of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 The experts of Tax Facts have produced this comprehensive analysis of selected provisions of the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (the Act) to provide the most up-to-date information to our subscribers. This supplement analyzes important changes to the tax code with emphasis on how these developments impact Tax Facts’ major areas of focus: Employee Benefits, Insurance, and Investments.
- IRAs: Eligibility The eligibility rules for contributing to traditional and Roth IRAs are complicated. Learn how to effectively use them in retirement plans.
Donor-advised fund accounts in the Vanguard Charitable Endowment Program can now gain international exposure through three new investment pools the provider introduced Tuesday.
The single-fund pools comprise Vanguard mutual funds that invest in the following international equity market segments:
- The European Stock Pool invests in more than 400 stocks across the European region, which makes up about half of the non-U.S. equity marketplace.
- The Pacific Stock Pool invests in some 500 stocks in developed countries of the Asia/Pacific region, particularly Japan; the area makes up roughly a quarter on the non-U.S. equity marketplace.
- The Emerging Markets Pool provides exposure to emerging markets by investing in companies in 21 countries, including the so-called BRICs: Brazil, Russia, India and China.
The new investment pools “provide additional diversification and offer a low-cost way for donor-advised accounts to gain equity exposure to both developed and emerging international economies,” Vanguard Charitable president Benjamin Pierce said in a statement.
The statement said the addition of the new pools aligned with Vanguard’s strategic investment methodology, which has recently included more exposure to international equities.
In April, Vanguard Charitable added the Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund to three multi-fund pools available to DAF accounts (Conservative Growth, Moderate Growth and Growth), and increased international exposure in the Total Equity multi-fund pool from 20% to 30%.