More On Tax Planningfrom The Advisor's Professional Library
- Precious Metal Taxation Precious metals can be used to better diversify a portfolio but can be volatile. The tax implications of investing in these types of assets vary depending upon the situation.
- Health Insurance: Health and Medical Savings Accounts A Health Savings Account is a trust created exclusively for the purpose of paying qualified medical expenses of an account beneficiary. Although they are popular, they are not without their pitfalls and the regulations can be complicated. Learn more about how to avoid federal taxation on the accumulation and distributions of HSA.
Donor-advised fund accounts in the Vanguard Charitable Endowment Program can now gain international exposure through three new investment pools the provider introduced Tuesday.
The single-fund pools comprise Vanguard mutual funds that invest in the following international equity market segments:
- The European Stock Pool invests in more than 400 stocks across the European region, which makes up about half of the non-U.S. equity marketplace.
- The Pacific Stock Pool invests in some 500 stocks in developed countries of the Asia/Pacific region, particularly Japan; the area makes up roughly a quarter on the non-U.S. equity marketplace.
- The Emerging Markets Pool provides exposure to emerging markets by investing in companies in 21 countries, including the so-called BRICs: Brazil, Russia, India and China.
The new investment pools “provide additional diversification and offer a low-cost way for donor-advised accounts to gain equity exposure to both developed and emerging international economies,” Vanguard Charitable president Benjamin Pierce said in a statement.
The statement said the addition of the new pools aligned with Vanguard’s strategic investment methodology, which has recently included more exposure to international equities.
In April, Vanguard Charitable added the Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund to three multi-fund pools available to DAF accounts (Conservative Growth, Moderate Growth and Growth), and increased international exposure in the Total Equity multi-fund pool from 20% to 30%.