MassMutual Retirement Services announced Monday the launch of RetireSmart TV, an online video series that covers financial topics for consumers.
"People today are reading less and watching more online video and webisodes, with Americans spending nearly three and a half hours a week watching online video," Kris Gates, assistant vice president of participant and interactive marketing for MassMutual's Retirement Services Division, said in a statement.
To reach those consumers online, MassMutual engaged Farnoosh Torabi, a money coach, author and personal finance journalist, to create the series.
In the videos, which are between one and three minutes long, Torabi interviews people on the street about their understanding of various financial topics. The video then breaks down some of the finer points of each topic:
- Keeping tabs on credit
- Staying on track to reach their retirement goal
- Assessing their current retirement strategy
- Getting an early start to saving for retirement
- Ways to pay for college
- Envisioning their retirement future and important lifestyle considerations
- Getting help with retirement planning
- Affording healthcare
- Reaching their retirement goal
The videos are available on MassMutual’s YouTube channel. They are also accessible on the company’s Facebook page.