Emerging Global Advisors introduced 11 ETFs that provide exposure to emerging market stocks in various industry sectors.
The New York-based investment firm said the suite of funds, which have been branded as GEMS (Global Emerging Market Sectors), will track the Dow Jones Emerging Markets Sector Titans Indexes.
“The GEMS can be an efficient way to access specific sectors. Their multi-country focus potentially offers considerable advantages, including diversity of economic, political and currency exposure. And, as ETFs, they offer intraday liquidity and transparency of holdings, cost advantages, hedging and shorting opportunities, and allow for rapid implementation of portfolio strategy changes,” said Marten S. Hoekstra, CEO of Emerging Global Advisors.
The new funds, along with their corresponding tickers are:
- EGShares GEMS Composite ETF (AGEM)
- EGShares Energy GEMS ETF (OGEM)
- EGShares Financials GEMS ETF (FGEM)
- EGShares Basic Materials GEMS ETF (LGEM)
- EGShares Consumer Goods GEMS ETF (GGEM)
- EGShares Consumer Services GEMS ETF (VGEM)
- EGShares Health Care GEMS ETF (HGEM)
- EGShares Industrials GEMS ETF (IGEM)
- EGShares Technology GEMS ETF (QGEM)
- EGshares Telecom GEMS ETF (TGEM)
- EGShares Utilities GEMS ETF (UGEM)
AGEM, OGEM, FGEM, previously traded under ticker symbols EEG, EEO, and EFN. The annual expense ratio for each of the GEMS funds is 0.85 percent.