The rules for the Broker-Dealers of the Year remained the same in our 21st annual contest. Only producing representatives of the broker-dealers that appeared in our June 2011 directory were eligible to vote in online balloting from June 1 through July 1, 2011. This year there was a total 5,407 valid votes from 46 different broker-dealers. Those BDs that received the highest number of votes from their own reps were deemed Broker-Dealers of the Year in four different divisions based on the number of reps. This ensured the BDs in each division competed against similar-sized rivals.
Second Place Winners
- Division I: Harbour Investments, Inc.
- Division II: Geneos Wealth Mgmt.
- Division III: NEXT Financial
- Division IV: Cambridge Investment Research
Third Place Winners
- Division I: Prospera Financial
- Division II: United Planners Financial Services
- Division III: CFG / H.Beck
- Division IV: Commonwealth Financial Network
To read and view more about this year’s winning broker-dealers, and to see who won this honor in previous years, please see our 2011 Broker-Dealers of the Year home page.